Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henrys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I have uploaded pics, you can just about tell the difference (I hope)

Both are A018 :/ I personally prefer the yellowish one for now but going to get that one replaced due to trackpad issues but it's quite concerning that with replacements from Apple, you can fix your previous issue but there might be another on the new MBP :(

Also is IR a big issue on the rMPB 13 2013?

Does anyone else prefer the slightly more yellowish tint?

15r1ic6.jpg

2agmgiv.jpg

Last edited:

MD Ilya

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2013
I have uploaded pics, you can just about tell the difference (I hope)

Both are A018 :/ I personally prefer the yellowish one for now but going to get that one replaced due to trackpad issues but it's quite concerning that with replacements from Apple, you can fix your previous issue but there might be another on the new MBP :(

Also is IR a big issue on the rMPB 13 2013?

Does anyone else prefer the slightly more yellowish tint?

as i see yellowish one(or warmer one as people say) is more contrast(due dim?)
but i think it bester to keep left one-without yellowish
and check for IR with tests in yellow tint issue theme...here in forums or in apple forums(burn-in... theme)

Nik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2007
Germany
Also, test for IR for a longer period of time (showing same image for one hour!). The IR issue is mostly not noticable when the device is new, therefore use a longer test period on a new device. I also did this, did not find IR with 10 minute test but found severe IR with a 1 hour test. When the device gets older, also 10 minute tests show IR which you would not have noticed when the device was new.

henrys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
as i see yellowish one(or warmer one as people say) is more contrast(due dim?)
but i think it bester to keep left one-without yellowish
and check for IR with tests in yellow tint issue theme...here in forums or in apple forums(burn-in... theme)

Both on full brightness and same settings.

They're both going back :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.