Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MSSZM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
How can my number appear as "Unknown" ?
My carrier doesn't support to make caller id off and *67 before number doesn't work in my country? and the others codes also.
in previous iOS, i downloaded toggle for caller id and made it off and the carrier didn't work.
I tried the whole things on internet ... but in vain

So how to do that? though SpoofCard? or what?
I didn't try it and really want to make my number appear as Unknown.. Thanks.

MSSZM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
I don't care if it can be shown.. I need to use this feature???!!

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
The only reason I could see for needing the feature would be to hide your identity if, for example, you are trying to call an ex-girlfriend who has told you to stop calling. I find it hard to see a legit reason for hiding.

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
The only reason I could see for needing the feature would be to hide your identity if, for example, you are trying to call an ex-girlfriend who has told you to stop calling. I find it hard to see a legit reason for hiding.

Possibly due to having only one line for personal and work. You don't want those who you call out to for work purposes to have your number and call you at all hours.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Its hilariously sad how a guy can't ask a question about a feature without a horde of armchair detectives questioning his motives. Just drop it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Possibly due to having only one line for personal and work. You don't want those who you call out to for work purposes to have your number and call you at all hours.
Simething like that can certainly be a possibility. Aside from perhaps no other option working, using another service like Google Voice or even Skype to make a call when needed might do the trick for needs of that sort.

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Simething like that can certainly be a possibility. Aside from perhaps no other option working, using another service like Google Voice or even Skype to make a call when needed might do the trick for needs of that sort.

Why should the OP have to set up a whole different number with a different service if there was an app or some kind of toggle available? He simply asked a question. He was being given the 3rd degree and I offered a somewhat reasonable situation that something like that would be necessary.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
Why should the OP have to set up a whole different number with a different service if there was an app or some kind of toggle available? He simply asked a question. He was being given the 3rd degree and I offered a somewhat reasonable situation that something like that would be necessary.

Dude he is giving options. Why are YOU giving him the 3rd degree? There is little info that he is given.

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
How to appear as unknown?

Dude he is giving options. Why are YOU giving him the 3rd degree? There is little info that he is given.

I didn't give anyone the third degree. I was simply asking from the OP's perspective. Why should he have to set up a new service if the functionality exists elsewhere? Whether it be a toggle of some kind or whatever. Anyway, his suggestion doesn't really help the OP if the situation I described rings true. If he calls via google voice, they now have his google voice number and can call at any time to that number.

I just found it ridiculous how the accusations flew in from at least two posters before I replied in a comment directly to one of them.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
And I further expanded on the situation you brought up with a potential workaround for a situation if that type if no actual toggle or app is available (as there might not be one). So the issue with that is...what again? :confused:

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
How can my number appear as "Unknown" ?
My carrier doesn't support to make caller id off and *67 before number doesn't work in my country? and the others codes also.
in previous iOS, i downloaded toggle for caller id and made it off and the carrier didn't work.
I tried the whole things on internet ... but in vain

So how to do that? though SpoofCard? or what?
I didn't try it and really want to make my number appear as Unknown.. Thanks.

What country? What network?
*67 works in the USA and Italy but other countries use different vertical service codes, without knowing where you are it is very difficult to give meaningful advice.

MSSZM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
I found a solution, I don't know if is it working or not?
App called "SpoofCard" from App Store does the Job with paid service of course, is it fake or does it really work?
and another one in cydia called "voice changer" i don't know if it has an update for ios 7 or not...
Did anyone try one of these?
fake or real?

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
If you told us which country you are in we could probably tell you the code that works in your country, but if you would rather pay for an app that's fine.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I found a solution, I don't know if is it working or not?
App called "SpoofCard" from App Store does the Job with paid service of course, is it fake or does it really work?
and another one in cydia called "voice changer" i don't know if it has an update for ios 7 or not...
Did anyone try one of these?
fake or real?

You may want to check the JB forum for JB apps. But I'd say pony up the $9.95 and give SpoofCard a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.