Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I cannot get my xbox 360 controller to pair in windows. It pairs fine in windows, I have all glitches researched and fixed in windows, and while I can get the receiver working properly, I cannot get the controller to stop with the flashing ring after I get it to successfully pair.

I need bootcamp because playing portal 2 on my retina macbook pro under OSX is really terrible.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
I assume you mean you cannot get it to work in windows under Bootcamp and it is wireless ?

I found that to use a wireless 360 controller in windows under Bootcamp all I needed to use was the windows controller receiver, I made sure mine was a microsoft one, then of coarse that the game was compatable with the 360.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
xbox 360 controller only works in osx

I've done that. It worked a long time ago. Since then, the bootcamp partition was erased and I have put it back on. I have no idea what is different.

I do know it is a legitimate controller and receiver, purchased together at bad buy, originally to play Arkham Asylum. It works fine with the tattieboggle driver in OSX and the lights seem to flash in a different way when the receiver is plugged in.

Maybe it's the antivirus I'm using. This time, I'm using bitdefender free as a sort of field test.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Hmmm, maybe the virus the prog, I do not run any anti virus thing other than the microsoft security essentials, not really bothered to be honest it is only setup to play games and if it all goes wrong I will just reinstall it.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I don't bother with MSE because frankly, it doesn't work. They failed to receive certification this year.

I'm going to backup, reinstall windows, reinstall things one at a time to see where the problem is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.