Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virilep

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
Hi guys,

My bought my parents an iPad for Christmas and they want to print pictures to a local place where they can pick up the photos like a walgreens or walmart.

Is there a plugin where I can install it and directly from the photos section I can print it for pickup? (I can do the initial installation)

Similar to air print or something?

The walgreens app is bad because they can't see the pictures (unable to make the photos larger) within that app.

thanks everyone.
-V

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Hi guys,

My bought my parents an iPad for Christmas and they want to print pictures to a local place where they can pick up the photos like a walgreens or walmart.

Is there a plugin where I can install it and directly from the photos section I can print it for pickup? (I can do the initial installation)

The walgreens app is bad because they can't see the pictures (unable to make the photos larger) within that app.

thanks everyone.
-V

No

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Hi guys,

thanks everyone.
-V

I do not know of such an app that uploads to a store website.

Why not just get them an Airprint-enabled photoprinter that they can use at home? Many can be purchased for $100 or less.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
If they have a Target near them, they have a few options.

1. Upload the photos from the iPad to Facebook using the FB app. At Target, they can login to their FB account and print the photos.

2. I think Target also supports Flickr and Picasa. I'm assuming the same thing can be done as above, using Flickr or Picasa.

3. I see that Target and Shutterfly are somehow aligned. You could use the Shutterfly app an upload the photos to Shutterfly and then select the photos to print. You can have them delivered to your parents' home or pick up at a local target.

4. I'm assuming that Walmart has similar capabilities.

themumu

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2011
Sunnyvale
I do not know of such an app that uploads to a store website.

Why not just get them an Airprint-enabled photoprinter that they can use at home? Many can be purchased for $100 or less.

While I cannot recommend any specific app, I would say there is a strong case against home based photo printers. The initial purchase price may be relatively low, but those things eat ink like nobody's business, and unless you only print very few photos it will cost you much more in the long run than the 10-20 cents a print at a large store.

You may want to inquire with your local stores if they have an app like that, or if they accept orders using email or some other way. A small local shop I use accepts files using email. Perhaps if you want to print a whole bunch at once you can upload them to a specific set on Flickr or other image hosting site, and send the link to the shop. Smaller local stores may be willing to make special accommodations to win your business.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Hi guys,

thanks everyone.
-V

Why not just use Walgreen's website like you would from a computer? I just tried it and I could upload pictures from my iPad 3 and do everything like I normally would from my Mac.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
In Canada there is a Walmart Photo Centre app which is actually very easy to use and convenient. Doesn't look like the US version works the same way unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.