Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aasghar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Hi everyone

I've got 3 questions
1.If I want to keep all of my game's data what should I do?
if doing backup with iTunes is my answer so if there was a game that I played it 1 year ago and that time I did backup my iphone and deleted game and I backup my iphone since now and my old backup has been updated everytime,
now I wanna know my old game's data exists in my updated backup or not?
2.And if I reset my iphone and then I restore my last backup and after that I install that old game I will be able to resume it or I'll play it from beginning?

3.If I delete all of my backups except the last one, does this cause some damages to my old game's data?

excuse me for my bad english if you see any mistakes!!! :)
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Hi everyone

I've got 3 questions

1.If I want to keep all of my game's data what should I do?
if doing backup with iTunes is my answer so if there was a game that I played it 1 year ago and that time I did backup my iphone and deleted game and I backup my iphone since now and my old backup has been updated everytime,
now I wanna know my old game's data exists in my updated backup or not?

2.And if I reset my iphone and then I restore my last backup and after that I install that old game I will be able to resume it or I'll play it from beginning?

3.If I delete all of my backups except the last one, does this cause some damages to my old game's data?

excuse me for my bad english if you see any mistakes!!! :)
Thanks in advance
Ok your getting me a bit confused so correct me if I do not answer a question the way you want.
If I wanted to keep all my game data I would use iCloud. If you use iCloud and back up and then delete the game it would be in that backup. BUT your iPhone should have iCloud backup on so that if something happens to your phone you can backup from the last time your phone was charging and not in use witch for most people is when there asleep. And I believe you only get 3 backups so that would mean 3 nights later that game you deleted is gone.
But if you were using iCloud and wanted to rest your iPhone 2 nights later and start playing that game again you could but what ever way your iPhone has changed in those days is gone cuz your phone will look just the way it did when you backed up.
I'm not to sure how to answer the last one. I think your talkin about losing the game data before it. No it would look exactly the way it did when you backed up.
Is there anything else you want to know and did I answer that right?

aasghar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Ok your getting me a bit confused so correct me if I do not answer a question the way you want.
If I wanted to keep all my game data I would use iCloud. If you use iCloud and back up and then delete the game it would be in that backup. BUT your iPhone should have iCloud backup on so that if something happens to your phone you can backup from the last time your phone was charging and not in use witch for most people is when there asleep. And I believe you only get 3 backups so that would mean 3 nights later that game you deleted is gone.
But if you were using iCloud and wanted to rest your iPhone 2 nights later and start playing that game again you could but what ever way your iPhone has changed in those days is gone cuz your phone will look just the way it did when you backed up.
I'm not to sure how to answer the last one. I think your talkin about losing the game data before it. No it would look exactly the way it did when you backed up.
Is there anything else you want to know and did I answer that right?
thanks for replying
forget about the icloud just itunes
I just wanna know if I backup my phone now and then delete some games and in the future I backup again, in that backup my old data exist or not and just new data that will be in my phone(in the future)

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I'm really not to sure it try to never use iTunes because I have some bad memory's trying to use it. Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.