Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Venelin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2013
I installed tmobile SIM card for data on iPad bought from AT&T payed cash, no lock no contract . No 4g or LTE service, just E (EVDO) the iPad get hot as a oven and suck the battery below 50% for just 7-8 minutes! I'll apprise any opinions and suggestions? :confused:

Venelin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2013

TMO service is spotty. I only get E where I live. There is no problem using a TMO sim in an ATT iPad.
What plan do you use? I bought 30$ prepaid plan and I think there is some issue with activation of this service in Puerto Rico?:rolleyes:

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
I travel a lot and have great results with ATT .

Best bet is to find out who has good signal in the locations where you will use it. All carriers have some holes in their coverage. It is just a matter of finding what works for you.. All signal strength and speed being equal you would buy the cheapest but cheap is worthless if the carrier has poor coverage where you need it.

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Best bet is to find out who has good signal in the locations where you will use it. All carriers have some holes in their coverage. It is just a matter of finding what works for you.. All signal strength and speed being equal you would buy the cheapest but cheap is worthless if the carrier has poor coverage where you need it.
This is the correct way to pick a cellular carrier.

I'm astounded that many people don't get this very simple concept and go online to ask "which carrier should I use?"

We don't know.

You have to figure out yourself which carrier works best in the places you frequent the most.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I bought 30$ prepaid plan and I think there is some issue with activation of this service in Puerto Rico?:rolleyes:

You're not trying to use a phone plan in an ipad are you? That's unlikely to work out well regardless of carrier.

Venelin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2013
You're not trying to use a phone plan in an ipad are you? That's unlikely to work out well regardless of carrier.

No I don't try to use phone plan. I writhed that I bought a data plan which do not include phone service!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.