Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnSmithSY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Recently I purchased a ram upgrade for my MacBook and it worked fine and all but the ram popped out of the slot and now won't go back in. When I try to push it down they just pop back up. I don't see it as a problem with the computer as the old ram still snaps in just fine... Any helpful ideas would be appreciated.

MacBook, 13 inch Mid 2010
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Trying to upgrade 4GB to 16GB ram.

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
Recently I purchased a ram upgrade for my MacBook and it worked fine and all but the ram popped out of the slot and now won't go back in. When I try to push it down they just pop back up. I don't see it as a problem with the computer as the old ram still snaps in just fine... Any helpful ideas would be appreciated.

MacBook, 13 inch Mid 2010
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Trying to upgrade 4GB to 16GB ram.

Is the new ram identical to the ram thats coming out? Is the thickness the same? Could you post a picture of the ram you're trying to install?

JohnSmithSY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Yes the size of it is exactly the same. I spent almost a half hour checking over and over again and the are identical except for the new ones being blue in color. I actually was able to get it to stay but after about an hour using the computer I heard it pop from under the bottom case.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Yes the size of it is exactly the same. I spent almost a half hour checking over and over again and the are identical except for the new ones being blue in color. I actually was able to get it to stay but after about an hour using the computer I heard it pop from under the bottom case.
The the memory card thicker or thinner than the original memory card? That could cause issues as well. Anyway if the original memory is staying in place, you need to contact the memory vendor and ask for a replacement.

raptor402

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2011
The the memory card thicker or thinner than the original memory card? That could cause issues as well. Anyway if the original memory is staying in place, you need to contact the memory vendor and ask for a replacement.

True. Make sure that the new memory doesn't come with a heatsink. Also, make sure that the locking pins go in all the way.

Regards
Raptor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.