Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fabricman112

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
ok so how the ****** are u supposed to install win 8.1 in bootcamp. latest MBA (i7 1,7GHz, 8 GB ram and 512 GB SSD) .. the ultimate mba :cool: ( bought it for my company, so not a big deal) ...

I have a win 8.1 installed and all is good EXCEPT I CANT INSTALL THE DAMN BOOTCAMP DRIVERS... so I have NO internet running win8 and I cant google it either... trying latest Boot Camp Support Software 5.0.5033.. it just will not install... and wthout it I cant get wifi drivers etc. :mad:

plz someone help me.. before I demolish this "Macbook Air"

Last edited by a moderator:

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
As far as I know it's not yet officially supported. I'm sure an updated bootcamp will appear in a couple of months.

Run Parallels or VMware if you can't wait.

Fabricman112

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
As far as I know it's not yet officially supported. I'm sure an updated bootcamp will appear in a couple of months.

Run Parallels or VMware if you can't wait.

really??? I´m sure I´ve seen many y-utube videos on how to install.. I´m not being a byayatt-cghh here but I thought that tha MBA is ,5 years old and so is win 8.1... I can not install win 8.0 :mad: it will kill me :) .. but I guess I should google stuff

medic27

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2013
ok so how the ****** are u supposed to install win 8.1 in bootcamp. latest MBA (i7 1,7GHz, 8 GB ram and 512 GB SSD) .. the ultimate mba :cool: ( bought it for my company, so not a big deal) ...

I have a win 8.1 installed and all is good EXCEPT I CANT INSTALL THE DAMN BOOTCAMP DRIVERS... so I have NO internet running win8 and I cant google it either... trying latest Boot Camp Support Software 5.0.5033.. it just will not install... and wthout it I cant get wifi drivers etc. :mad:

plz someone help me.. before I demolish this "Macbook Air"

I used bootcamp to install windows 8 about 5 months ago. During the end of the install it gave me some error popup about drivers. I searched the internet for an hour or so and was able to get it working.
Sorry I don't remember what the solution was, but it was able to install back in August.
I needed windows os, for some class. I should have just used windows 7, because 8 really sucked. If you just need some kind of windows OS, I recommend 7.
Good luck.
Google the error message because bootcamp is soo much better than VM. Worth your extra effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Latest MBA meaning a 2013 model? If so, you can no longer use the boot camp drivers downloaded from the apple support site. Instead, you need to download the drivers when you run boot camp on OS X (2nd option, something like windows support software).

Apple changed how drivers installed on 2013 models going forward.

See mid page http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5634

Last edited:

Whalensdad

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2006
I had the same issues. It's really easy. When you created the boot disk using the Boot Camp wizard, it had you download the drivers. Even though the install of boot camp appears to run the apple drivers, it doesn't. You'll need to navigate to them from windows and run them manually. Once you do that you should be good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.