Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liteshow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
This is for 5s users like myself who have been getting random resprings right after using touch id to unlock:

So I had above problem on my brand new 5s. Had the device for 2 weeks now and the respings would happen maybe 1 out of every 5 - 10 unlocks using touch id. That would be maybe 2 -4 resprings a day!

Then I tried setting up as new device and also re-adding fingerprints. Still had the random resprings.

Solution that worked: Then I changed a couple of settings.
(1) Set Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Increase Contrast to off. I had it on because I previously had a 4s running ios7 and that setting seem to speed things up.
(2) Set Settings -> General -> Auto-lock from 3 minutes to 1 minute. Not sure if this had any bearing on the solution, but nevertheless, it was a change I had made.

BTW, I left the Reduce Motion turned on as before because of motion sickness issues.

The Result: I have had 5 straight days now without a single respring. Probably unlock with touch id about 10 -20 times a day so it's gone likeabout 50 - 100 unlocks via touch id without any respring. I am quite certain the increase contrast was the culprit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.