Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tazzy0429

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
I have an ATV Gen1 that is jailbroken but has Eden 11.0 OS currently I want to switch to Frodo because as I understand it the Eden OS is obsolete which is why I have lost so much on XBMC and have "dependancies not met" errors. I am wanting to know if I am understanding correctly that I can upgrade using OPenElec or Crystal to get the Frodo 12.2 OS and then install XBMC after that. Once I do that I would be able to view Navi-X and Channel 1 as well as all the rest that I had before. Is that Correct? I am sorry if this is a redundant question but I am having trouble finding the exact answer
Thanks in advance for your help with this.:confused:

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
Currently running on CrystalUbuntu 2.0 on my ATV1 and is running sweet! I do not think there are much in comparison between CrystalUbuntu and Openelec as they both pretty much run XBMC Frodo.

Obtain your download from http://www.crystalbuntu.com/download/ and would recommend running this on the ATV1 HD and not from the USB stick.

Once you have installed this, Google is your friend for answering the rest of your questions.

Enjoy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.