Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulbarrett1984

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Hello, and I hope you all had a nice Crimbo!

I got an new Ipod for christmas, and its very very good. But, uploading video's to it, isn't the easiest thing to do is it? Seems you need a PhD to do so!

I've finally worked it out, and i've put a music video on it which I already had on my computer. I used Quicktime Pro 7.0.3.

I followed the instructions on the Quicktime Website, and it worked, but the video's don't have sound. They hd sound in their previous format, but on the ipod, and in its new format on the computer, it doesn't have sound.

In Quicktime, I went to export, and clicked on the movies to ipod thingy, and waited it for it to do its thing, and the I uploaded it to my ipod via itunes.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Paul.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
FFMPegX is free and works very well...Quicktime has some issues with Mpeg files and sound. I still haven't figured out why they haven't made Pro work with Mpegs yet, but that's one of the great mysteries of the century. :p

paulbarrett1984

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
I cant seem to get it working. I used the MeWIG one, and it encoded the file, and now its on my desktop, but now I cant get it into Itunes.

:s

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
try a different file...maybe that file doesn't like you....
Do you get sound when listening to music?
Try one of the free video's itunes is offering and see if it plays so you know its not the ipod itself..

Linam

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2005
paulbarrett1984 said:
ISquint is for mac isn't it?

What the address for the other one? I have a PC
Well we are mac users as this is a mac forum so we would not no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.