Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:37 AM   #1
irock
macrumors member

Why doesn't Apple offer auto movie trailer downloads into video iPod?

Hmm... this is weird... now that I realized. On my wishlist for the video ipod, I asked for auto movie trailer download into my Video folder. I kinda forgot all about these when video podcast came in. Now that I have done playing with video/audio podcast. I have about 30 now.

Anyway, does anyone know if Apple will make all those QuickTime movie trailers available for auto download into video iPod? It seems sooo... easy... for Apple since they already have 480p... they just need to convert them into, uh, 240p. lol...

The QT staff seemed to be lazy latey. They just complied a list of the zipped M4V into 'For Your iPod' column. That's the lame-Windows only of doing things. We Mac folks integrate everything nicely together. Auto movie trailer download should be on the VERY top of Steve's list when he debuted 5th iPod.

Any thoughts?
irock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 03:30 PM   #2
dwd3885
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by irock
Hmm... this is weird... now that I realized. On my wishlist for the video ipod, I asked for auto movie trailer download into my Video folder. I kinda forgot all about these when video podcast came in. Now that I have done playing with video/audio podcast. I have about 30 now.

Anyway, does anyone know if Apple will make all those QuickTime movie trailers available for auto download into video iPod? It seems sooo... easy... for Apple since they already have 480p... they just need to convert them into, uh, 240p. lol...

The QT staff seemed to be lazy latey. They just complied a list of the zipped M4V into 'For Your iPod' column. That's the lame-Windows only of doing things. We Mac folks integrate everything nicely together. Auto movie trailer download should be on the VERY top of Steve's list when he debuted 5th iPod.

Any thoughts?
Do you mean you want Apple to have trailer downloads avaliable in iPod video format? If you do mean that, Apple already is, they have for months now. Apple.com/trailers
dwd3885 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 05:39 PM   #3
starnox
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd3885
Do you mean you want Apple to have trailer downloads avaliable in iPod video format? If you do mean that, Apple already is, they have for months now. Apple.com/trailers
Only on a few selected movies though
starnox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:32 PM   #4
dwd3885
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnox
Only on a few selected movies though
as far as i know, all of the ones that can be viewed in HD also have iPod formatted video.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:37 PM   #5
irock
macrumors member

But I have to import them manually into my iPod. Is there some Podcast available that can download the latest of every trailer into my video iPod?
irock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:01 AM   #6
The Tuck
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by irock
But I have to import them manually into my iPod. Is there some Podcast available that can download the latest of every trailer into my video iPod?

What they need to do is put a section into iTunes and allow free iPod compatible movie trailers. Now, we have to either download the pre-made trailers and import them to iTunes, or encode our own using Quicktime Pro.

Anything to sell more iPods, right?
The Tuck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:19 AM   #7
dwd3885
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tuck
What they need to do is put a section into iTunes and allow free iPod compatible movie trailers.
I agree
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:26 AM   #8
EricNau

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tuck
What they need to do is put a section into iTunes and allow free iPod compatible movie trailers. Now, we have to either download the pre-made trailers and import them to iTunes, or encode our own using Quicktime Pro.

Anything to sell more iPods, right?
They should build it into iTunes, but for now, they do have a section for iPod trailers. It's at http://www.apple.com/trailers/ in a big yellow box on the right.
EricNau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:29 AM   #9
EricNau

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd3885
as far as i know, all of the ones that can be viewed in HD also have iPod formatted video.
Not all of them (Ice Age 2 for example), but I think all of the HD trailers that have come out after the Video iPod are iPod compatible.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:30 PM   #10
theorangecrush
macrumors newbie

Hey I was hoping someone here could help me

I have downloaded a few movies trailers ipod versions...and now I want to view them on the ipod...I am having some problems extracting them and transfering them to the ipod

can anyone tell me how to extract them correctly? maybe there is an easier way to view them

thanks in advance
theorangecrush is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:48 PM   #11
EricNau

Exactly what is your problem? If you downloaded the iPod version trailer, you should be able to click and drag that file onto your iTunes icon in your dock. This will import the trailer into your iTunes library.
Next time you sync your iPod video it should be there.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:56 PM   #12
theorangecrush
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNau
Exactly what is your problem? If you downloaded the iPod version trailer, you should be able to click and drag that file onto your iTunes icon in your dock. This will import the trailer into your iTunes library.
Next time you sync your iPod video it should be there.

I tried that and it didnt work

for example...I just download the MI3 ipod version trailer...the file name is mission_impossible_3-tlr1_p320-1.m4v

I can not click and drag that into my itunes folders...
theorangecrush is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 01:26 AM   #13
balamw

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorangecrush
for example...I just download the MI3 ipod version trailer...the file name is mission_impossible_3-tlr1_p320-1.m4v
You wouldn't happen to be on Windows with file extensions turned off would you? The files I downloaded on my Dell were actually zip files i.e. mission_impossible_3-tlr1_p320-1.m4v.zip Once you unpack the zip file you get a nice M4V that loads into iTunes easy as pie. Try double clicking on the file.

B
Old Jan 3, 2006, 01:26 AM   #14
EricNau

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorangecrush
I tried that and it didnt work

I can not click and drag that into my itunes folders...
Just Double Click that file and it should automatically import and play in iTunes.

If that doesn't work...
...you can try clicking and dragging that file onto your iTunes icon in your dock. You should never even have to mess with iTunes folders.

Are you using Apple or Windows?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:36 AM   #15
Henri Gaudier
macrumors 6502a

You want to be advertised at?

Why doesn't Apple offer auto movie trailer downloads into video iPod?

Am I the only one sick of marketing? Of marketing becoming ever more develped for me?

Lift your head away from your iPod - it'll only take you 5 minutes to find your next mega hollywood turd of a movie ad.
Henri Gaudier is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 03:04 AM   #16
caveman_uk

Personally I hate DVDs with half a dozen trailers on (I want to watch the film on the box not some other stuff you think I might be interested in). Why the hell would I want the same crap dumped onto my iPod without asking?

If you want adverts...watch TV.
caveman_uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod