Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irock

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Hmm... this is weird... now that I realized. On my wishlist for the video ipod, I asked for auto movie trailer download into my Video folder. I kinda forgot all about these when video podcast came in. Now that I have done playing with video/audio podcast. I have about 30 now.

Anyway, does anyone know if Apple will make all those QuickTime movie trailers available for auto download into video iPod? It seems sooo... easy... for Apple since they already have 480p... they just need to convert them into, uh, 240p. lol...

The QT staff seemed to be lazy latey. They just complied a list of the zipped M4V into 'For Your iPod' column. That's the lame-Windows only of doing things. We Mac folks integrate everything nicely together. Auto movie trailer download should be on the VERY top of Steve's list when he debuted 5th iPod.

Any thoughts?

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
irock said:
Hmm... this is weird... now that I realized. On my wishlist for the video ipod, I asked for auto movie trailer download into my Video folder. I kinda forgot all about these when video podcast came in. Now that I have done playing with video/audio podcast. I have about 30 now.

Anyway, does anyone know if Apple will make all those QuickTime movie trailers available for auto download into video iPod? It seems sooo... easy... for Apple since they already have 480p... they just need to convert them into, uh, 240p. lol...

The QT staff seemed to be lazy latey. They just complied a list of the zipped M4V into 'For Your iPod' column. That's the lame-Windows only of doing things. We Mac folks integrate everything nicely together. Auto movie trailer download should be on the VERY top of Steve's list when he debuted 5th iPod.

Any thoughts?

Do you mean you want Apple to have trailer downloads avaliable in iPod video format? If you do mean that, Apple already is, they have for months now. Apple.com/trailers

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
dwd3885 said:
Do you mean you want Apple to have trailer downloads avaliable in iPod video format? If you do mean that, Apple already is, they have for months now. Apple.com/trailers

Only on a few selected movies though :p

irock

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
But I have to import them manually into my iPod. Is there some Podcast available that can download the latest of every trailer into my video iPod?

The Tuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2003
irock said:
But I have to import them manually into my iPod. Is there some Podcast available that can download the latest of every trailer into my video iPod?

What they need to do is put a section into iTunes and allow free iPod compatible movie trailers. Now, we have to either download the pre-made trailers and import them to iTunes, or encode our own using Quicktime Pro.

Anything to sell more iPods, right?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
The Tuck said:
What they need to do is put a section into iTunes and allow free iPod compatible movie trailers. Now, we have to either download the pre-made trailers and import them to iTunes, or encode our own using Quicktime Pro.

Anything to sell more iPods, right?
They should build it into iTunes, but for now, they do have a section for iPod trailers. It's at http://www.apple.com/trailers/ in a big yellow box on the right.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
dwd3885 said:
as far as i know, all of the ones that can be viewed in HD also have iPod formatted video.
Not all of them (Ice Age 2 for example), but I think all of the HD trailers that have come out after the Video iPod are iPod compatible.

theorangecrush

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2006
Hey I was hoping someone here could help me

I have downloaded a few movies trailers ipod versions...and now I want to view them on the ipod...I am having some problems extracting them and transfering them to the ipod

can anyone tell me how to extract them correctly? maybe there is an easier way to view them

thanks in advance

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Exactly what is your problem? If you downloaded the iPod version trailer, you should be able to click and drag that file onto your iTunes icon in your dock. This will import the trailer into your iTunes library.
Next time you sync your iPod video it should be there.

theorangecrush

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2006
EricNau said:
Exactly what is your problem? If you downloaded the iPod version trailer, you should be able to click and drag that file onto your iTunes icon in your dock. This will import the trailer into your iTunes library.
Next time you sync your iPod video it should be there.

I tried that and it didnt work

for example...I just download the MI3 ipod version trailer...the file name is mission_impossible_3-tlr1_p320-1.m4v

I can not click and drag that into my itunes folders...

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
theorangecrush said:
for example...I just download the MI3 ipod version trailer...the file name is mission_impossible_3-tlr1_p320-1.m4v
You wouldn't happen to be on Windows with file extensions turned off would you? The files I downloaded on my Dell were actually zip files i.e. mission_impossible_3-tlr1_p320-1.m4v.zip Once you unpack the zip file you get a nice M4V that loads into iTunes easy as pie. Try double clicking on the file.

B

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
theorangecrush said:
I tried that and it didnt work

I can not click and drag that into my itunes folders...
Just Double Click that file and it should automatically import and play in iTunes.

If that doesn't work...
...you can try clicking and dragging that file onto your iTunes icon in your dock. You should never even have to mess with iTunes folders.

Are you using Apple or Windows?

Henri Gaudier

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2005
France
You want to be advertised at?

Why doesn't Apple offer auto movie trailer downloads into video iPod?

Am I the only one sick of marketing? Of marketing becoming ever more develped for me?

Lift your head away from your iPod - it'll only take you 5 minutes to find your next mega hollywood turd of a movie ad.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Personally I hate DVDs with half a dozen trailers on (I want to watch the film on the box not some other stuff you think I might be interested in). Why the hell would I want the same crap dumped onto my iPod without asking?

If you want adverts...watch TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.