Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
So I am using the latest update to iMovie in Mavericks. I was close to an expert in iMovie '09, but iMovie 10 is a bit puzzling to me. Big question:

Right from the start, I've had an event in my new iMovie Library labeled "2013-10-23". There is nothing in the event and it cannot be deleted even though ctrl+click provides an option to delete it.

What is this and how do I get rid of it?:confused:

----------

Update: Just viewed package contents in my iMovie Library and removed a file labeled "CurrentVersion.flexolibrary". That removed that date under my iMovie Library listing in the iMovie interface. Any idea what this file is and why it was created in the first place?

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
So I am using the latest update to iMovie in Mavericks. I was close to an expert in iMovie '09, but iMovie 10 is a bit puzzling to me. Big question:

Right from the start, I've had an event in my new iMovie Library labeled "2013-10-23". There is nothing in the event and it cannot be deleted even though ctrl+click provides an option to delete it.

What is this and how do I get rid of it?:confused:

----------

Update: Just viewed package contents in my iMovie Library and removed a file labeled "CurrentVersion.flexolibrary". That removed that date under my iMovie Library listing in the iMovie interface. Any idea what this file is and why it was created in the first place?
I didn't notice I had a similar event until I seen this post. Mine was empty also, however, I was able to right click & throw in trash.
But, I then looked in my top tool bars Library(hold option one)>click applications> and seen iMovie 9.0 still there.

That file that was empty in 10.0.1(like you), had clips I've wondered where they where at in the iMovie 9.0.9 version(same date). I'm sorry if I didn't help with your problem, but you helped me find a few things to look into. I've had quite a few problems since the update with older projects and missing clips. I'm now wondering if I can just work in the 9.0.9 version to finish earlier projects.

Note: This is the first time I've ever noticed, being able to use an app like iMovie in 2 different versions.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.