Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Venelin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2013
I try to tether iPhone 5 to iPad 3 using MyWi but it doesn't work? No any channel get recognized by the phone. No Bluetooth connection neither? I use IOS7 on both devices and the last version MyWi 7. I don't have problems with the tethering of PC to the iPad. Any opinions will be of help?

rsuryase

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
MyWi and TetherMe don't work on my iPad 3 either. My laptop and iphone 4 doesn't see the broadcast.

Venelin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2013
iPad theter

MyWi and TetherMe don't work on my iPad 3 either. My laptop and iphone 4 doesn't see the broadcast.

Well, I find a solution! Install the MyWi app on the iPhone too. If it's officially purchased you should be able to install it on up to three devices, one iPad, one iPhone and one iPod. Now launch the app on the iPad and scroll down on the home screen. Click on the settings / advanced settings. On the field for DHCP should be displayed iPad network number. Now open the iPhone setting/wifi. Click on Other and type the name of iPad. On the screen which pop on type the number of the iPad network. Click on join at the upper right corner and you should be good to go. That way works for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.