Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boris-VTR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2013
Does anybody know if i have macbook and iMac using same apple ID and i buy coda 2 from app store.....can i use one copy on both computers or i will have to buy separate copies for each?

tnx for any info :)

iPaintCode

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2012
Metro Detroit
Easier way it to just go to the Mac App Store(each machine) and download it on both computers. Far as I know the licensing works on your Apple ID, so install away on all "your" machines. I do it all the time on my 2 machines.

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
Does anybody know if i have macbook and iMac using same apple ID and i buy coda 2 from app store.....can i use one copy on both computers or i will have to buy separate copies for each?

Whats already been suggested as for downloading to both machines should work, only thing is if the program talks back to CODA themselves with your serial number .

There's a program or used to be called little snitch which you can use to block programs and see what sort of out bound communications are going on with your computer.

HTH's .

Not enough coffee in me :rolleyes:

Boris-VTR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2013
Whats already been suggested as for downloading to both machines should work, only thing is if the program talks back to CODA themselves with your serial number .

There's a program or used to be called little snitch which you can use to block programs and see what sort of out bound communications are going on with your computer.

HTH's .

Not enough coffee in me :rolleyes:

Not sure if i understand it right. So it is perfectly legal to install Coda on 2 machines (who uses the Apple ID) but you can use only one at the time? That is fine with me.

But if You want to use it on 2 machines at the same time, you have to instal little snitch app?

Is this licensing the same no mather if i buy it from App Store or Panic web site?

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012

you buy once and you can install on all your mac (simply re-download it from the app-store)

I bought it.

Boris-VTR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2013
you buy once and you can install on all your mac (simply re-download it from the app-store)

I bought it.

Tnx for replay. I bought it direct from Panic, because its 10 dollars cheaper that way (price on App store in Europe is 85 dollars...if i buy it from Panic direct, its 75$ without sandbox limitations and without iCloud).

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I bought from the App store for ease of install and I definitely use the iCloud features.

Installed on all my macs: 21" iMac, MacBookPro, MacMini

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012
I bought from the App store for ease of install and I definitely use the iCloud features.

Installed on all my macs: 21" iMac, MacBookPro, MacMini

love the icloud feature, let you sync your sites across your developement devices. I don't edit sites locally, so everything works well.

morespce54

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2004
Around the World
Tnx for replay. I bought it direct from Panic, because its 10 dollars cheaper that way (price on App store in Europe is 85 dollars...if i buy it from Panic direct, its 75$ without sandbox limitations and without iCloud).

I would have paid $10 more (a.k.a the MAS tax) only to be able to use it with iCloud sync, but that's just me! ;)

Anyway, licences is per user - Apple ID (for the MAS) or name and credit card info for the Panic website. You can run more than one copy simultaneously. You should contact Panic just to be on the safe side but I'm pretty confident that as long as you're the one installing it and using it, they're should be no problem installing it on more that one machine. Although, there might be a limit regarding the number of installs (up to 3 perhaps ?) with the website version. With the MAS version, MAS rules apply.

Boris-VTR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2013
I bought it from Panic web page because it was without sandbox limitations, updates are easier to apply and is cheaper. Would love iCloud syncing thou...i guess you can't have everything right? :)

Also got email from Coda developers and they said that i can install it on more computers but not to run them simultaneously.

Tnx for all the replays :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.