Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
I am unable to purchase any package in Cydia that has not been previously purchased using my iPhone 5 on 7.1b2. Cydia states "unable to purchase", claiming my ios device is not supported.

I've already removed the expiry using the thread here on macrumors, so I plan on staying on this firmware if 7.1b3 includes patches by Apple to close the JB. I don't want to downgrade to 7.0.4 as 7.1b2 has been very stable.

I did try to spoof my version by changing the build to ios 7.0.4's and version to 7.0.4 instead of 7.1 on that .plist file. Settings read 7.0.4, but Cydia still shows 7.1 even after a reboot.

I can download free packages, just not purchase anything. I want to buy some themes and tweaks but unfortunately this won't let me and I don't want to resort to piracy-filled repos. Has anyone been able to spoof Cydia into thinking your 7.1b2 device is running 7.0.4?

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
I've had the same problem you are referring to. On my first jb of 7.1b2 I had left the version at 7.1 for a good bit, then changed it to 7.0.4 and was able to purchase. So in that respect my experience was different than yours. However cydia continued to display 7.1.

I've since restored 7.1b2 again and this time changed the version number to 7.0.4 at first opportunity , at the same time as the build number change and the beta line removal. Now my cydia reads 7.0.4 and I continue to have the ability to purchase.

FWIW :)

I have a hunch a hard reset may make cydia recognize the change. I can't remember if I tried that.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Perfect, your second solution worked for me!

For anyone wondering how-to: backup your data with iTunes/iCloud, restore to iOS 7.1b2 (I did DFU restore, as I always generally do), then restore your settings/apps back.

Jailbreak, open Cydia, install the required packages and respring (it prompts you to).

Install iFile, go to the folder where the .plist is located (/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist), and change the following at the same time:

- ProductBuildVersion to 11B554a
- ProductVersion to 7.0.4
- delete the beta key

Tap 'done', close iFile and do a hard reboot (turn it off and on again manually). Open up Cydia, it should show 7.0.4 at the bottom. Now you can purchase packages on 7.1b2, which offers better performance than 7.0.4. :)

Thanks gotluck!

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida

For anyone wondering how-to: backup your data with iTunes/iCloud, restore to iOS 7.1b2 (I did DFU restore, as I always generally do), then restore your settings/apps back.

Jailbreak, open Cydia, install the required packages and respring (it prompts you to).

Install iFile, go to the folder where the .plist is located (/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist), and change the following at the same time:

- delete the beta key

Tap 'done', close iFile and do a hard reboot (turn it off and on again manually). Open up Cydia, it should show 7.0.4 at the bottom. Now you can purchase packages on 7.1b2, which offers better performance than 7.0.4. :)

Thanks gotluck!

Awesome write up :)

Now we cross our fingers and hope this actually works post expiration :p

Last edited:

wildonrio

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008

- delete the beta key

Thanks gotluck!

I tried this and I am now able to install apps that I previously could not on 7.1, but it still says I'm on 7.1 at the bottom of Cydia. Apps also don't show up in my springboard until after a full reboot.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I did try to spoof my version by changing the build to ios 7.0.4's and version to 7.0.4 instead of 7.1 on that .plist file. Settings read 7.0.4, but Cydia still shows 7.1 even after a reboot.

I tried this and I am now able to install apps that I previously could not on 7.1, but it still says I'm on 7.1 at the bottom of Cydia. Apps also don't show up in my springboard until after a full reboot.

What device are you on? Same thing with me on rMini wifi version.

But I'm able to purchase tweaks like Infiniboard if I want, doesnt prompt me stating invalid version despite Cydia still reading 7.1 after 7.0.4 plist changes.

just restored and applied plist edits and rebooted and such, shows 7.0.4 on rMini now. Both devices now show 7.0.4 :D

Last edited:

SixSlinger

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta

- delete the beta key

Thanks gotluck!

Thanks for this. Works perfectly for me on 5s and mini Retina 7.1b3

Twla

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2014
[/COLOR]

- delete the beta key

Thanks gotluck!

I have the same Problem, but I have installed IOS 7.0.4
Can someone help me?

Thx in advance:(:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.