Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RaNdOm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Is anyone else having a problem with the App Store opening to a page like Candy Crush or any other random game for no reason after installing tweaks?

I currently have on my iPhone 5s:
CCSETTINGS
Virtual Home
F.lux
ifile
Swype selection
Tetherme

All of them are free or paid versions.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
It happens to me when I'm in safari or another browser inside on an app if I remember correctly. But it hasn't happened for me on Cydia

those are the horrible new mobile ads the industry came up with. they are the worst and "normal". Apple needs to implement a way to prevent that or at least add a pop up that asks me if i want to be redirected to the appstore cuz so far its going to the appstore without asking

Last edited:

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
I had the exact same issue with my iphone. Downloaded the Adblocker from cydia and deleted Sn0wbreeze from the repos. All good now...

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Is anyone else having a problem with the App Store opening to a page like Candy Crush or any other random game for no reason after installing tweaks?

I currently have on my iPhone 5s:
CCSETTINGS
Virtual Home
F.lux
ifile
Swype selection
Tetherme

All of them are free or paid versions.

Had the same issue too, so damn annoying. I like to support devs and leave ads alone but when it comes to this, sorry. im blocking all ads. Just get nocyads and adblocker

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
Am suffering from the same thing, I guess it's not an isolated issue, I created a thread cause after Googling for so long I got desperate because it is that annoying! Here's my original message:

Whenever I use the Safari browser on my 5th Gen iPod Touch, my iDevice would occasionally redirect me to the App Store and it's always this Dungeon Keeper game by EA or Fire Age (or something like that?), it's not random though only during visits to certain specific sites which led me to conclude that the sites I was visiting are the culprit (right now there's only two); one of them is a celebrity gossip site and the other is MangaHere (Anime/Manga site).

The problem is I have never experienced such a thing before only until recently and I have been visiting both sites with no issues in the past, but now it sometimes redirect and it's annoying. Basically I noticed if the site has a gaming ads for Dungeon Keeper it will redirect.

Is it possible for iOS and Apple devices to be infected? Virus, malware, pop-up ads, trojan? Or it is basically just the site having suspicious code that triggers the redirect whenever we visit?

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Luckily though on everyday useful sites like Google, Hotmail etc, are not affected. I'm on iOS 6.1.3, no Jailbreak or funny things like that.

Any help appreciated!

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
it's the website having an ad that redirects you to the appstore app

Yeah! Sadly it's annoying but I'm glad it's not my iPod acting up or was so-called infected with malware/virus according to the many articles I've read from Google search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.