Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
Having a trouble accessing my MAC runing OSX Mavericks from windows remote desktop app on Windows 7 machine.

Both Mac and PC are on the same home network. Running on a Router: Netgear WNR3500L with FW V1.0.2.50_31.1.25NA

Used to work with out issue but for some reason now, even on my internal home network I'm not able to access the Mac from my Win 7 PC. Used to be able to access it from external also.

I have a dyndns account that is currently working and configured.

I am able to use VNC fine, as well as Google Chrome remote desktop app, and logmein. All internally and externally.

The router is set to a publice static IP assigned by my ISP.

I have my target machine configured on an internal static IP on my network.

I have made sure that port 3389 is forwarded via my router to the target machine static IP.

When I try accessing via Windows remote desktop I get a message that reads

[URL=http://s248.photobucket.com/user/ctaylor3_2007/media/remote_zpsf38ca0b2.jpg.html] [/URL]

Not sure what else could be preventing me from using this as it was before now. The reason I'm still still trying is that the Windows remote desktop worked far better than any other remote desktop solution.

I get crazy screen refresh lag using VNC to the point it's almost not worth using it. Even when used on my internal network.

Any help appreciated.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I never use Microsoft's RDC to access my mac - it lacks the services that MS needs.

Use Logmein, teamviewer or gotomypc. The first two are free for personal use, the third is not but I use it and its well supported.

bobbba

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Windows PC's have never been able to use the Microsoft's Remote Desktop to access their OS X Mac's (you can do it the other way round though and access a Windows PC from your Mac via Remote Desktop).

It's VNC or other 3rd party products only I'm afraid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.