Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nemuler23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Hello guys, i have some problem with my ipod touch 4g.
I tried to just boot my ipod(i did it with redsn0w), but after some seconds rednsn0w said that something is missing so the boot wasn´t completed and now i cant turn on the ipod. I tried to do almost all combination of pressing home and power buttons bot nothing helped. It´s not even recognized by iTunes. Is any option how to solve this?? thank you very much.

chrisl123

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013
What iOS version did you to boot from? If it's 6.1.3 or 6.1.5 (not really sure about the earlier versions), redsn0w will throw up a 'missing keys.plist' if you boot without selecting the 6.0 ipsw. To fix this, just hold the home and power keys until it turns on and try booting tethered again.
Hope this solves your problem!

nemuler23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Yes, I have 6.1.3 and it said 'missing keys.plist'. But i tried to hold power and home button for about 1 minute and nothing happened, so i dont know. What can be wrong?

chrisl123

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013
If the iPod is plugged into something, try unplugging it and try again. Otherwise, let the iPod run down overnight, plug it in and try again...

Last edited:

Espeonia

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2013
I would also recommend doing this, but OP is having trouble with getting the iPod to even turn on and be recognised by iTunes.

You should still be able to enter DFU mode even if you can't get it to boot regularly, though.

In any case, it definitely can't hurt to try.

headsh0t95

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2013
Netherlands
Just boot it once using Redsn0w and the 6.0 IPSW. Then install P0sixpwn from cydia and you'll never have to reboot using PC again. Enjoy untethered iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.