Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAndMic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, though we are an Apple family, I've never looked into the TV aspect.

With family in mind, everyone has their own device and iTunes account. We have iPhones, an iPad, an iPod and MacBooks. If I bought an Apple TV, could anyone in the family stream to it from any device even though they have separate iTunes accounts? Or would they have to jump through some hoops to get logged in or connected.

Thank you for all of the help.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Also, each person on iOS 7 can now stream (AirPlay) from their own device to any ATV at home or away (like on a friends ATV). So long as both devices are on the same local network. This saves you from switching to a different Apple ID in the settings if that is a concern.

MacAndMic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Also, each person on iOS 7 can now stream (AirPlay) from their own device to any ATV at home or away (like on a friends ATV). So long as both devices are on the same local network. This saves you from switching to a different Apple ID in the settings if that is a concern.

This is exactly what I was wanting.

Thank you

MacAndMic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys. I picked one up and it is doing exactly what I wanted it to do. All of us are getting a kick out of easily sharing our media and displaying the computer screen to the TV.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Thanks for the replies guys. I picked one up and it is doing exactly what I wanted it to do. All of us are getting a kick out of easily sharing our media and displaying the computer screen to the TV.

Glad it worked out for you!

I just got one for Christmas and I am having a good time trying out the different apps and features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.