Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I'm talking about you know the wide keyboard "typing" mode. I hardly ever use it standing to watch a movie but do use it sideways at times. I mostly hold it in hand though. I am on the fence on wether it's ideal for me or not.

Also speaking of holding it in your hand in landscape mode, does the top always come flapping down and around or do the magnets hold it up for the most part?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm talking about you know the wide keyboard "typing" mode. I hardly ever use it standing to watch a movie but do use it sideways at times. I mostly hold it in hand though. I am on the fence on wether it's ideal for me or not.

Also speaking of holding it in your hand in landscape mode, does the top always come flapping down and around or do the magnets hold it up for the most part?

Would come apart while typing at least a few times a day. In landscape mode in your hand would hold as long as you don't bump it or move it with your hand. Really silly how it is so bad compared to the Smart covers. You would have thought a team would have trialed them first and then have the engineers go back to stronger magnets. Just really not a usable case if you need a stand. Does a great job protecting the iPad but that's it.

Indydenny

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Midwest
Folding it

I've seen several people fold it with the "rough side" out. In this way, it is not stable. However, if you fold it with the shiny side out, which can seem a bit unnatural, it seems very stable to me. I can type with it on my lap or table without it collapsing.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
I don't get it

We are talking about using it as a stand in landscape mode, right?

How is is physically possible for the thing to collapse when you type? The thing forms a triangle inside out (fuzzy surface out). I imagine if I step on it then it would collapse because I would effectively flatten the triangle that is made out of leather, but normal or abnormal typing, how do you collapse it by typing on the iPad?

MF047_AV5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.