Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martosprint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Florida
I bought a new logitech bluetooth lighted keyboard because the wireless Apple keyboard the keys were hard to see when typing. I set up the logitech keyboard and it works very well and it shows connected in system prefs. But the problem is with a "Bluetooth Setup Assistant dialogue box keeps popping up saying there isn't a keyboard connected and no keyboards have been found and to make sure the keyboard is "discoverable". The keyboard is connected and works. I can quit the dialogue box, but it pops up again upon reboot or startup.
How to get rid of that bluetooth setup assistant box from popping up when I first start up my iMac using Mavericks. It's a late 2012 iMac.
thanks for any replies.

Problem solved, I went into system prefs/bluetooth/advanced/ and unticked "open bluetooth setup assistant at startup and that solved the answer to my post. I should have looked in there first.

Last edited:

beergotmeripped

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
New York, NY
If you haven't found the solution to this, simply go to System Prefs, Bluetooth, click 'Advanced...', and then uncheck the first two options.

Edit: I should have fully read that you fixed it. lol New to these forums, and can't seem to find a way to delete my post. It seems I've developed my own problem now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.