Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stageshoot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
Central UK
Does not seem to be any love for the UK/European Buyers

Since some of the US Stock and CTOs seem to be flowing now I would have though that at least a few of the early Stock Orders from the UK/Europe might have started to show some sign of movement,

But it does not look like any have had any movement yet.

Do you think for us poor far side of the pond folks that "Shipping January" Really is going to be skin of its teeth last ferw days of the month?

Anim

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2011
Macclesfield, UK
Does not seem to be any love for the UK/European Buyers

Since some of the US Stock and CTOs seem to be flowing now I would have though that at least a few of the early Stock Orders from the UK/Europe might have started to show some sign of movement,

But it does not look like any have had any movement yet.

Do you think for us poor far side of the pond folks that "Shipping January" Really is going to be skin of its teeth last ferw days of the month?

Favouritism? I hope we get shipping orders the same as any country, including US.

Spinland

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Utica, NY, USA
Favouritism? I hope we get shipping orders the same as any country, including US.

I have no actual knowledge, but I'd hope not. FWIW, based on the day and time of the change in my order's status it would seem they are working nights and weekends on this. I'd like to think you'll see movement soon.

Keep us posted! :)

unfragile

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2013
I order my CTO 20 of December, and it's says deliver for February!! BUUUUUUAAAHHHH

6 Cores, D500 (might update to the D700), 512GB SSD , 12Gb ram (i will upgrade late to 32GB from Crucial).

rasmusjohansson

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2014
I ordered my 6-core with D700, 256GB SSD and 16GB RAM on January 3rd and got the "delivery in February"-message. Since I ordered late I guess I won't see my Mac Pro until mid-late February. Hopefully Apple will increase production speed soon.

unfragile

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2013
I ordered my 6-core with D700, 256GB SSD and 16GB RAM on January 3rd and got the "delivery in February"-message. Since I ordered late I guess I won't see my Mac Pro until mid-late February. Hopefully Apple will increase production speed soon.

That would be nice. Im from Portugal by de way. My apple rep says it was the first mac pro to my country.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
I've had one can here in the UK but that was shipped to a Florida address originally. It's already gone back out of the UK fully setup to Lagos :D

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
I'm actually glad it will take some more weeks...gives me a bit more time to figure hot what the heck I should replace my iMac display with!

unfragile

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2013
I'm actually glad it will take some more weeks...gives me a bit more time to figure hot what the heck I should replace my iMac display with!

You can use the imac display if is a 27". Since 2009 27" display work as standalone.

Stageshoot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
Central UK
Of course...but I need to sell the imac in order to be able to finance the mac pro :D

I sort of dropped the ball a bit, I sold my old kit thinking I could survive for a week or so just using my office server (HP N54L) as a basic PC till the nMP arrived. But now its looking like it may drag througout Jan I am starting to find myself backed into a corner a bit with some work building up the the Server cannot hande, so unless something happens in next week or so I may have to source an alternative!

rasmusjohansson

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2014
Thought about selling my iMac but I know I won't get a significant amount for it since it is a late 2009 model (the first with Target display mode if I remember correctly) so I decided to keep mine as a display for the Mac Pro at least for the time being.

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
Anyone else in Europe, ordering on Dec 19, who's not received the "shipping in January" mail from Apple?

I ordered on Dec 19 and didn't get the "shipping in January" email from Apple.

I ordered a new speaker at the same time and that was supposed to be despatched to me before Christmas but was still "processing" on January 3rd. I called Apple to clarify and they're supposed to be coming back to me today about it, although in the meantime the speaker has now shifted to "dispatched" and should arrive tomorrow.

As I didn't get that email, I reached out to the support people I'd been speaking with about the speaker (by email this time) and have asked them to double check that my Mac Pro order hasn't been affected by the "speaker delay". The order status page still says "Dispatched: January". Doesn't say what year, though :D

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
Does anyone know if you can call Apple and get a more accurate delivery date? Like what week at least?

For the dates several weeks out (e.g. 4+ ) even Apple doesn't know. There are 3rd party retailers competing for Mac Pros. As those sellers get get access some folks with 4+ week waits are going to jump to different lines/queues. Once some of those folks cancel and move then your Apple queue position will move up.

[ for example for a day or so in the USA BestBuy had Mac Pros in stock. Some folks probably jumped out of the Apple line into the BBuy line and some folks at beginning of Feb slid up to late January. ]

Similarly a small number of folks have ants-int-their-pants and are reconfiguring Mac Pros as more information becomes available ( cancel D500 for D300 or flip 128GB SSD for 1TB , etc ). All those churn the queue.

The "February" is most likely a worst case date. Nobody drops out in line in front of you and have to wait. Toward the end of the 4+ week the dates will probably rapidly move forward as multiple streams of sellers are enabled.

Apple can't completely control where people buy the Mac Pro from so the dates aren't fixed in stone.

dermike

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Maybe lack of European orders so far has something to do with logistics... I doubt they are shipped as one to each customer from the US since it's probably very expensive. They're most likely sent in bulk with slower shipping and repackaged here in Europe?

Stageshoot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
Central UK
Maybe lack of European orders so far has something to do with logistics... I doubt they are shipped as one to each customer from the US since it's probably very expensive. They're most likely sent in bulk with slower shipping and repackaged here in Europe?

Maybe but don't the stock iMacs ship individually from china direct to customer. That would be a much higher volume and logistics headache than a few 1000 nMPs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.