Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmister

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
God, I miss it. I had no idea how much I had gotten used to it.

Anyone know when it will be updated, or if there is a replacement if it will not?

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Completely forgot about this tweak. Don't think I even used it in ios6. Forgot what I was missing. Wish chpwn would answer about whether or not he was updating certain tweaks or not.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
r_plus updated webscrollian for ios7. you need to manually install it.
it's working nicely for me.

https://twitter.com/r_plus/statuses/417955112133226496

Whaaat! Tweak week classic! It's one of 4 tweaks I ALWAYS install. It's so simple but is just a classic reason to jailbreak. Been loving this forever now. I feel like iOS 7 isn't as "rough" as previous iOS versions but I still miss it.

Ironically, r_plus is one of my favorite cydia developers too. I follow him on twitter but missed this announcement. I'll definitely be grabbing this deb file immediately haha

Webscrollian. Such a tiny, lightweight and borderline stupid tweak. But use it for a while and then go back to stock and hate iOS scrolling forever haha

Edit: I'm such a nerd for this tweak (mainly because its so simple yet has such an impact on UX since you scroll almost every single time you use your device) as soon as I jailbroke my 5s, I went straight to webscrollian in cydia and changed package settings to "always show changes" so I would know as soon as it got updated for iOS 7. So dumb haha

Last edited:

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Webscrollian on iOS 7

Oh man awesome. Why isn't this on bigboss? Thanks!

-edit- guess bc it's not the original dev

Stupid question—how do I manually install?

You can open it in ifile and install

Last edited:

whoa2

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2014
Whaaat! Tweak week classic! It's one of 4 tweaks I ALWAYS install. It's so simple but is just a classic reason to jailbreak. Been loving this forever now. I feel like iOS 7 isn't as "rough" as previous iOS versions but I still miss it.

Ironically, r_plus is one of my favorite cydia developers too. I follow him on twitter but missed this announcement. I'll definitely be grabbing this deb file immediately haha

Webscrollian. Such a tiny, lightweight and borderline stupid tweak. But use it for a while and then go back to stock and hate iOS scrolling forever haha

agreed best tweak ever.
i regretted iOS7 upgrade but this brings me closer to satisfaction.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Stupid question—how do I manually install?

Open link in safari, then open in iFile (assuming you have iFile already installed), then click on install. It should automatically pop up but if not, tap on the file then tap install. When it's done, respring the device for changes to take effect. There are no settings. To remove, uninstall in cydia.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
agreed best tweak ever.
i regretted iOS7 upgrade but this brings me closer to satisfaction.

It really is awesome. Now I just need to get used to it again haha

On a side note, every time I use this, DietBar, or a few others, it always makes me wish the devs would do another tweak week! Last summer Ryan Petrich was trying to get devs together to do tweak week 2. Not sure whatever happened with it though. I don't think it happened. :(

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Has dietbar been updated?

Not yet but it will be updated eventually. It's just not as high priority as some of the dev's other packages (Ryan Petrich).

DietBar and Open in Protube are the only two tweaks I'm waiting for an update. Zephyr too but it's unclear whether that's gonna be updated for iOS 7.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Not yet but it will be updated eventually. It's just not as high priority as some of the dev's other packages (Ryan Petrich).

DietBar and Open in Protube are the only two tweaks I'm waiting for an update. Zephyr too but it's unclear whether that's gonna be updated for iOS 7.

The CCToggles alternative is working out pretty decently.

Better than Assistive Touch or button mashing and probably better than Activator gesture either.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

Edit: I'm such a nerd for this tweak (mainly because its so simple yet has such an impact on UX since you scroll almost every single time you use your device) as soon as I jailbroke my 5s, I went straight to webscrollian in cydia and changed package settings to "always show changes" so I would know as soon as it got updated for iOS 7. So dumb haha

I thought Webscrollian is created/updated by chpwn? I assume this version of webscrollian is safe to use?

I forgot but was one of the TweakWeek daily challenge requirements to open source the tweak? Is that why it's being updated by another developer?

edit: just installed and oh mah gawd, it's been so long without it that I got used to the "friction" scrolling and it feels awesome :D

what is @r_plus's cydia repo, if he has one?

Last edited:

dokindo

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2009
Thank you!!! Was missing this and would get so annoyed when bookmarks scrolled nicely but not pages.

On the subject of cc, I have settled on CCquick. It less customizable but the app switcher is very functional. I could never get activator to work so well.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I thought Webscrollian is created/updated by chpwn? I assume this version of webscrollian is safe to use?

I forgot but was one of the TweakWeek daily challenge requirements to open source the tweak? Is that why it's being updated by another developer?

edit: just installed and oh mah gawd, it's been so long without it that I got used to the "friction" scrolling and it feels awesome :D

what is @r_plus's cydia repo, if he has one?

Yea chpwn originally released this but I'm not sure why r_plus updated it. I feel it's safe to install because r_plus is legit. I installed his SwipeShiftCaret tweak back on iOS 4 before swipeselection came out. I later switched to swipeselection because it was easier to swipe the keyboard instead of the text box. Plus I had issues when typing on this forum and also tying to swipe using swipeshiftcaret. Either way, I trust r_plus's stuff.

I think you're right though. I think all the tweaks from tweak week were open sourced on GitHub.

I don't know why iOS has such stiff scrolling. To reach the bottom of a thread here you'd have to swipe like 7 times. Now it takes only two or three. Just much better with a longer and quicker scroll speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.