Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeReSpringer13

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
I have tried searching and I cannot find a definitive answer. I currently have a 4S running iOS 6.1 (10B142.) Is it possible to save blobs from this version and possibly downgrade back to 6.1 if I decide to upgrade it to iOS 7.0.4? I have read conflicting information about shsh blobs vs APTickets and I am not sure of which information is correct.

Thanks

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I have tried searching and I cannot find a definitive answer. I currently have a 4S running iOS 6.1 (10B142.) Is it possible to save blobs from this version and possibly downgrade back to 6.1 if I decide to upgrade it to iOS 7.0.4? I have read conflicting information about shsh blobs vs APTickets and I am not sure of which information is correct.

Thanks

Nope. Not sure why you can't find a definitive answer. Crazy people would suggest otherwise. It's well known there is no way to downgrade a 4s on 7.x or 6.x. There was a once in a lifetime downgrade tool for iOS 5.x but it was VERY specific as to what is considered an eligible device. And they also made it very clear that once you update past 5.x to iOS 6 (or anything else for that matter) then there was absolutely no way to go back.

Sorry bro. Downgrades are a thing of the past. I still save my blobs for every firmware but the likelihood of a downgrade being released for the 4s and later devices are slim to none. It was one of the greatest benefits of the jailbreak community for a long time but now it's history. :(

Typically a downgrade tool was only possible with a bootrom exploit like limera1n. Without that, it's essentially impossible. MuscleNerd and the other hackers found a rare path to allowing re-restores on iOS 5.x. If you're curious, you can read all about it on the iPhone dev teams blog.

JeReSpringer13

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
Nope. Not sure why you can't find a definitive answer. Crazy people would suggest otherwise. It's well known there is no way to downgrade a 4s on 7.x or 6.x. There was a once in a lifetime downgrade tool for iOS 5.x but it was VERY specific as to what is considered an eligible device. And they also made it very clear that once you update past 5.x to iOS 6 (or anything else for that matter) then there was absolutely no way to go back.

Sorry bro. Downgrades are a thing of the past. I still save my blobs for every firmware but the likelihood of a downgrade being released for the 4s and later devices are slim to none. It was one of the greatest benefits of the jailbreak community for a long time but now it's history. :(

Typically a downgrade tool was only possible with a bootrom exploit like limera1n. Without that, it's essentially impossible. MuscleNerd and the other hackers found a rare path to allowing re-restores on iOS 5.x. If you're curious, you can read all about it on the iPhone dev teams blog.

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
My advice is if you're happy on 6.1 JB then stay on it, iOS 6 is a great OS once jailbroken and nearly every tweak works with it. 7.0.4. is not worth it (slower, especially on 4S). 7.1...maybe, but possibly the final release won't be jailbroken.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
My advice is if you're happy on 6.1 JB then stay on it, iOS 6 is a great OS once jailbroken and nearly every tweak works with it. 7.0.4. is not worth it (slower, especially on 4S). 7.1...maybe, but possibly the final release won't be jailbroken.

Perhaps something was wrong with your 4S. iOS 7 is great on mine. No lag. I did speed up he animations though. Also noticed that even with a ton of tweaks I noticed no slow down with iOS 7. While I was on iOS 6 the more tweak I installed the slower the device would get, but it still ran pretty good.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Perhaps something was wrong with your 4S. iOS 7 is great on mine. No lag. I did speed up he animations though. Also noticed that even with a ton of tweaks I noticed no slow down with iOS 7. While I was on iOS 6 the more tweak I installed the slower the device would get, but it still ran pretty good.

Never had a 4S, but I have a iPod touch 5G (A5 too, and I believe the same amount of memory). It's on 6.1.2, and even with loads of tweaks it still 'feels' much faster than my iPhone 5 on 7.0.4 (both without any speed up tweaks).

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Never had a 4S, but I have a iPod touch 5G (A5 too, and I believe the same amount of memory). It's on 6.1.2, and even with loads of tweaks it still 'feels' much faster than my iPhone 5 on 7.0.4 (both without any speed up tweaks).

Try NoSlowAnimation for the 5. It really speeds up the animations.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
NoSlowAnnimations is awesome. I wasn't a fan of the speed tweaks on previous iOS versions but IOS 7 really benefits from a slight snap. The slight bump in speed (I have mine set halfway) really goes well with 7.x/5s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.