Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lex Yu

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
I have rMBP which doesn't have DVD drive.

Here come the questions.

1) If I purchase a physical copy, can I download full image file from web?

2) In the box of a physical copy, how many DVDs consist CS6 Master Collection package?

It says I can install CS6 on as many Macs as I want, but I can have only 2 of them activated, and I can run only one of those 2 machines activated simultaneously.

3-1) If I run CS6 on two machines at the same time, will Adobe know and limit my license? I usually leave my desktop turned on having many apps opened, even if I'm out with my laptop. If it's the case, It thinks I should be careful.

3-2) What if one of the machines I have activated is totally wrecked, so I cannot turn it on. Is there a way to deactivate it? It not, do I lose one of two slots of activation?

I'm senior at college and graduating this Feb., so this is the last chance to get CS6 student discount version, which is 80% off from regular price. Any answer would be much appreciated. Thanks!

lucidmedia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
I have rMBP which doesn't have DVD drive.

Here come the questions.

1) If I purchase a physical copy, can I download full image file from web?

If you have a valid serial, you can use any cS6 installer you like.

2) In the box of a physical copy, how many DVDs consist CS6 Master Collection package?

It says I can install CS6 on as many Macs as I want, but I can have only 2 of them activated, and I can run only one of those 2 machines activated simultaneously.

3-1) If I run CS6 on two machines at the same time, will Adobe know and limit my license? I usually leave my desktop turned on having many apps opened, even if I'm out with my laptop. If it's the case, It thinks I should be careful.

I personally have not had any issues with two installs… more than that and you will hear from them.

3-2) What if one of the machines I have activated is totally wrecked, so I cannot turn it on. Is there a way to deactivate it? It not, do I lose one of two slots of activation?

No, you just call them and and they can reset your license.

I'm senior at college and graduating this Feb., so this is the last chance to get CS6 student discount version, which is 80% off from regular price. Any answer would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.