Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rimmi2002

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Hi I just switched from an IPad 2 to Ipad air. I expected the display to be better but all colors looks dull compared to the Ipad2. I played clash of clans alot. it looks rich of Ipad 2. On Ipad air purple does not even look like purple. Is there suposse to be a big difference in the screens for the two, or did I get stuck with a bad display? Are there different manufacturers for displays in ipad air like there were for the macbook air? Thanks.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Hi I just switched from an IPad 2 to Ipad air. I expected the display to be better but all colors looks dull compared to the Ipad2. I played clash of clans alot. it looks rich of Ipad 2. On Ipad air purple does not even look like purple. Is there suposse to be a big difference in the screens for the two, or did I get stuck with a bad display? Are there different manufacturers for displays in ipad air like there were for the macbook air? Thanks.

I think there are different suppliers for all Apple screens but be wrong. I remember as I had my iPhone 4 swapped out about 3 times over screens I deemed unacceptable. I suggest if you can take your iPad to an apple store and compare some images with the display models, if it doesn't seem right book yourself a genius appointment. I'm pretty sure the Air screen should be better than the 2!

rimmi2002

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
I think there are different suppliers for all Apple screens but be wrong. I remember as I had my iPhone 4 swapped out about 3 times over screens I deemed unacceptable. I suggest if you can take your iPad to an apple store and compare some images with the display models, if it doesn't seem right book yourself a genius appointment. I'm pretty sure the Air screen should be better than the 2!

Anyway for me tell my supplier?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.