Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
ordered
Ordered on Dec 28, 2013

Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

my order was cancelled TODAY, multiple calls to apple right after I ordered all stated the same thing "pending". nothing more, called my CC CO and they did NOT place a hold until the 4th of Jan.

my item was given to someone else, made no difference that it was in the cart ETC :mad:..

anyways, my choices are to wait for another one OR get a new one with a discount at $150 more.

problem is the new one does NOT have a dedicated graphics card, processor is only 2.0 VS 2.6 Iris 5000 VS Nvidia

programs that will run

Blender 3-d
Maya
X-code
Adobe full suite.

not sure how much of a difference in performance I will get by the lower end I7 and no dedicated graphics card.

suggestions?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
So they placed a hold on your card then cancelled the order? Not sure I follow your rant.

I believe there are benchmarks available for the new machines and the applications you want to run.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
So they placed a hold on your card then cancelled the order? Not sure I follow your rant.

I believe there are benchmarks available for the new machines and the applications you want to run.

they did NOT place the order on my card until Jan 4th.

I placed my order on DEC 28th.

what I dont understand is.

1. why did they wait till the 4th

2 why was my order cancelled since my item SHOULD have been on hold until my order went through or declined on my CC.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Well, was your CC declined?

Why didn't they place the hold? I don't know. I usually see holds place within a few days of ordering. 12/28 was a weekend so I would have assumed the hold would have hit that Monday the 30th. Not sure why it didn't happen until 1/4 but if your CC was declined then that is why your order was cancelled. You may need to ask Apple, they probably know something.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I just love how things have worked out, my re-order ended up in ULM GERMANY for some stupid reason. Shipped from PA. To CALIF & it goes to Germany WTF

Last edited:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
his things?

what are you trying to say?

typing from phone, I did not catch it.
my 2 recent orders with apple have been a total mess.
after the first cancellation that THEY claimed was due to my CC not authorizing the funds, I re-ordered and I had to spend 1 HR with both apple and my CC on the phone,Apple had NOT dropped the earlier authorization to my card, so my new "order:" was not being processed as my CC saw 2 attempts to charge my card.
my order was supposed to be here this Monday, now for some unknown reason my MBP is in ULM Germany.
1596343_747429281967106_1218409360_o.jpg

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
How can you cancel an order if it was already shipped:confused:

Called them, they recalled the order. , NOW I have to wait 3-5 days AFTER they get it & inspect it BEFORE they credit me back my money, who the hell knows when that will be:mad:

----------

it was not shipped to him , the order was delayed i guess.

Correct, they had no clue why it went there. So here I sit waiting until it appears , school starts in 2 weeks and I'm dealing with this crap

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
Correct, they had no clue why it went there. So here I sit waiting until it appears , school starts in 2 weeks and I'm dealing with this crap

If you still want a mac (and live in the Us) you could/should think about a refurb, the 2013 are allready available. However if you are done with apple, I can understand it too

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
If you still want a mac (and live in the Us) you could/should think about a refurb, the 2013 are allready available. However if you are done with apple, I can understand it too

returned it today, the newer ones are already at the refurbished store, I will just hold out a couple of weeks & get the haswell one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.