Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Dec 27, 2005, 04:29 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Firefox Sets The Bar For Mac Adoption

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Firefox Sets The Bar For Mac Adoption

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2005, 04:49 PM   #2
Seasought
macrumors 65816

Yes, Firefox is great.

Moving along...
Old Dec 27, 2005, 04:58 PM   #3
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

can't say that i exactly agree with that article. some interesting points, but then again no hard figures really either.
PlaceofDis is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2005, 06:42 PM   #4
solvs
macrumors 601

Well, it is nice to have both work the same way on a Mac and a PC. Makes going between work machines with XP, my home PC with 2000, and my iMac easier for surfing. Safari is nice and all, but I like FF's extensions. And the GO button. Gotta have a GO button.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 06:48 PM   #5
yellow

They should start posting "AppleMatters:" in the title/submission text, so I can stop wasting my time.
yellow is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:10 PM   #6
Fender2112
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Fender2112
Quote:
The superiority of OS X over Windows isnít as well defined as the differences between Firefox and IE. Aside from the fact that OS X isnít as far ahead of Windows as Firefox is of IE,
I beg to differ. But that's just me.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 01:41 AM   #7
jackc
macrumors 65816

Quote:
It might suck a lot less on Windows but saying the IE it isnít the best browsing experience available is akin to calling the Universe cozy.
Heh?
jackc is offline   0
Old Dec 28, 2005, 01:47 AM   #8
dubbz
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackc
Heh?
I think what the author was trying to say was that "saying the IE it isn’t the best browsing experience available is a great understatement". Or something like that.

"saying the IE it isn’t the best browsing experience available is like saying that getting stabbed in the face is mildly annoying"

"saying the IE it isn’t the best browsing experience available is like saying that a gutshot kinda hurts"

I least that's what I think he ment. I'm not really sure, to be honest.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:00 AM   #9
Seasought
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by solvs
Well, it is nice to have both work the same way on a Mac and a PC. Makes going between work machines with XP, my home PC with 2000, and my iMac easier for surfing. Safari is nice and all, but I like FF's extensions. And the GO button. Gotta have a GO button.
I'm perfectly happy with Safari. My only interest in Firefox is if I get bored with the look of Safari and want to use themes that correlate with my desktop.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:12 AM   #10
thequicksilver
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to thequicksilver
Extensions aside, I can't see why anyone would choose Firefox on OS X over Camino. So much nicer, but renders pages the same because they're both Mozilla-based.
thequicksilver is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion