Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
What are the best tips to conserving battery life on iPhone 4s running iOS 7 ? I'm getting like 2 - 3 hours usage on iOS 7.04 but have almost everything turned off, no bluetooth , no parallax , push email 15 min . Anything else help a lot ?

Coupz

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2013
DFU Restore
Setup as new
Turn everything off
Mail fetch and not push and 1 hour or manually

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
What are the best tips to conserving battery life on iPhone 4s running iOS 7 ? I'm getting like 2 - 3 hours usage on iOS 7.04 but have almost everything turned off, no bluetooth , no parallax , push email 15 min . Anything else help a lot ?

Make sure background app refresh is off.
Also force kill Facebook even when background app refresh is off. That app absolutely kills my battery, very quickly, even when not in use.

Also a "Reset all settings" helped wonders on mine... Better yet, restore and set as new if you can.

Mail fetch every 15 mins should be fine, but make sure it isn't Push.

Welcome to iOS 7..

lambertjohn

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2012

Get an iPhone 5S.

sohaloh

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2012
London, Ontario

With that sort of usage time it seems your battery is nearing its end of life. If you plan on keeping the phone for longer you could dish out 80 bucks and get the battery changed at apple or buy it on ifixit and do it yourself. But itll be worth it, rather than turning features off and worrying about your phone dying on you at the worst time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.