|Jan 27, 2002, 01:38 AM||#1|
rant about my current PeeCee usage
All I want to use my computer for is just some simple DV editing and replace my entire CD collection with MP3. This has turned out to be a big pain in the ass for me.
I am not a programer, I like to just use programs. I ran a 300 person NT network for three years. I worked at a local PeeCee store fixing computers for almost a year. I have experience with PeeCee's, I am very much a power user.
I have ran into more problems than I thought I ever would just by wanting to do these simple things. I have yet to find a good MP3 program, I have over 3000 files and most programs can not handle that very well. All I want is a simple program that will organize, let me play, tag edit. Basically I want a simple program that just works all the time. Siren from Sound Forge is a very good program but it is a resource hog and when I update tags for files it updates its own database and does not update the MP3 tag. I have crashed my machine several times just by doing searches, and some of the programs have create directories that windows can not delete no matter what. The only way to fix it is to format my drive. I have posted about his error many times and people have told me that they ended up formatting their drives also, so much for NTFS 5 as a file system.
I want iTunes.
On my windows 2000 box I had to connect my DV camera, turn it on, turn on my computer, and than start my program. Any miss step and it would not work. Again I have had a hard time finding a simple yet powerful program. Premiere is OK, but it seems a little quarky and much more complex than I need, and also expensive. I have also had tons of exporting and compression problems.
I want iMovie
I have a digital camera but do not even use it because there is no good organization program.
I want iPhoto.
Once again I just want to state I am comfortable working with computers. I am not afraid to spend a night trying shareware. I am not afraid to find the perfect programs and than do a clean install and install just those programs I want. I know how to make hardware work, I understand how Microsoft products work, yet I still have these problems. It scares me to think of what life must be like for a normal user, when I have these many problems. I am tired of playing with my computer, I want to buy an Apple so I can begin to use my computer.
|Jan 27, 2002, 01:48 AM||#2|
Just... pass on the message to ur friends!
This is exactly what we need... people realizing what they want... and realizing how easy its supposed to be to use a machine.
Great, great, great.
|Jan 27, 2002, 02:18 AM||#3|
I think Steve has something going with the digital hub idea. Really...go out and look...is there any equals in the Windows world for iTunes, iMovie, and iPhoto? I can't comment on iDVD cause I don't have a machine that can use it. Someone tell me is there an easier and better designed windows program to do these tasks. One that is easier to update and one that is more user friendly? huh...bet even the die hard PC guru's can't name one...cause they don't exist. I mean...Apple had to make a PC version of Quicktime just so PC people could view mpeg files with ease...heck all my PC buddies swear by Quicktime way over Windows Media...yet when you tell them Apple made it...they don't want to hear it. Oh well maybe PC guys are hoping and praying that iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto, and iDVD will be released for their machines...oh well...its not going to happen. Get a mac and never look bac!
Mac: 21.5" iMac Core i5 2.5 Ghz "Sandy Bridge"
iPad Air 16 GB WiFi - iPod Classic 80GB - Motorola Droid MAXX
|Jan 27, 2002, 03:51 AM||#5|
i got a mac after using windows much like rastalin did, i switched cause i used my friends ibook and loved mac os x, but a little slow on his ibook so i got a pbg4. I dont use much editing with movies and stuff yet, im saving up, powerbooks arent cheap as i think everyone here knows, but a few things about mac that are good
1. less viruses, some people i know who use mac havent had one for ten years, i wasnt so lunky though. i live right outside henrico county, virginia, and if you all might have heard, they were used for the ibook experment as some call it, henrico did the ibook to students this year for high school, some pc people accepted them when other pc people didnt, then the mac users where thrilled. The ibooks are cheap there, $50 no joke $50 dont say im bsing or anything, my friends got a ibook for $50 and i had to spend $2000 for my pb, but the file sharing got a huge virus strain and everyone in town has it, no joke, unless you have no friends in school whatsoever, you have the strain of the sevendust virus, i lunky got rid of it but the kids in school havent because most dont have antivirus so i get it time and again. Yet atleast in my city i have a huge mac compatability rate, even though many pc fudgers destroy and dis the ibooks they get mainly for free its still good
2. better hardware, true apple isnt the fastest but it last longer, thats the long and short of it
3. better programs, windows might have a million writing programs but 3 are good, as for mace they have 3 and all are good. Games on pc are alot more but the best stuff comes to mac sometime, and if not mac then consol and i have a ps2 so games arent an issue. Itunes, imovie and iphoto show just how good the programs on mac are just for consumers and on top of that their FREE!
4. Better choices, instead of 150 pcs to choose from, mac has 4, the consumer iseries, but imac2 is really pro, and the pro powerstuff series. So thats it, easy choice
5. Better service, better os, and better comunity. Service is applecare or anyother apple servicing are much more in depth than pc services and get the job done the first time and its usually a 2 or 3 day wait, when my pc broke it was in the shop for 3 months, 3 months, when my mac broke down it was in for 1 day. Better os, mac os x is by far my favorite os, its so much nicer and i like ti the most, the dock folder problem gets me annoyed but its still good, then winxp is mainly windows but looks better so its ok but still copies mac, then mac os 9 is soso for me, i like 10. community is well, like this site, you dont see rumor sites or info sites for pcs without alot of pain and then their still not good, mac is such a better community than pc. Makes ya feel more like your part of something
6. inovation. i cant spell so deal with it, mac makes everything that pcs copy, i know it sound silly to pc users but it is true, imac? what about compacs ipac? just everything is copied from make, the colors, the ease of use, the way an os looks, apple does it first, gets no credit, but is still better than pc programs, all the iprograms are so far ahead of those on pc. Apple may have problems when it comes to how many people use it and how some pc geeks cant figure out mac is better, mainly cause they dont know what they are talking about or say macs dont have any way to program, i dont care, and they say they dont care but get sand in their vagina over it. Macs are better.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Upsetting rant about my iPhone 4S Order||iZeeshan||iPhone||45||Oct 24, 2011 08:55 AM|
|Rant rant...ranting about 2nd gen jailbreak||Goroke||iPod touch Hacks||3||Nov 2, 2008 11:05 AM|
|I need to rant about my crappy job||CorvusCamenarum||Community Discussion||23||Oct 16, 2007 11:53 PM|
|Smallish rant about my MBP service experience||Pressure||MacBook Pro||18||Sep 16, 2006 05:22 AM|
|My little rant about Monday's Macworld Keynote||Cruelraspberry||General Mac Discussion||14||Jan 12, 2002 04:35 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.