Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Of late, I've been noticing that my PB seems to be struggling a bit with things of a graphic nature, for example: Marble Blast Gold used to run very smoothly, but now it is very choppy and unplayable. I have found the same thing with KoTOR, when I first started playing it it ran really well, but now it's virtually unplayable. Trying to just walk around is unbearable, I press to walk forwards, it freezes and then I end up somewhere I had not intended.

So I was just wondering if there was any way to test that my graph card is working or a way to better optimize it?

Thanks

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Your Powerbook should have come with a hardware test CD. I would pop that in and give it a whirl. Should tell you if there's anything seriously wrong with your computer.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
livingfortoday said:
Your Powerbook should have come with a hardware test CD. I would pop that in and give it a whirl. Should tell you if there's anything seriously wrong with your computer.
Cool, thanks alot! I'll give it a try. :)

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
Sounds like there is something running in the background that is sucking up all your CPU cycles. Take a look at activity monitor, and see if anything is taking up an unusually high amount of CPU %. Also, have you restarted lately? Installed any strange background apps that change the UI?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Sorry to interrupt, but Marble Blast gold is a really really fun game.

Oh, and have you tried just a erase and install of your OS? That's quite simple (takes time, but it's simple) and usually fixes a lot of problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.