Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applebeef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
My new iPhone 5 (IOS 7) has a weird problem where it doesn't play any vibration patterns that I set or choose from the list. The only thing it does when I get a call is vibrate constantly with no breaks. Even if I set a pattern, it just plays back a long vibration.

The vibration is also a little louder than on other phones. Is there an issue with the vibration motor, or could it be the software (highly unlikely, in my opinion).

I've restored, restarted even updated the software and did everything that I possibly can without jailbreaking and it hasn't fixed it.

What can I do about this? Get the vibrator replaced?

sammy-boy

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
Staffordshire, UK
In what way is it louder? Could be the vibra motor making the sleep/wake or volume buttons rattle when it goes off? If I tap my iPhone 5 I can hear the buttons rattle slightly, the vibra motor could be making those buttons vibrate.

vicious.cid

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2010
I have the same problem. My iPhone 5 is vibrating continuously and whatever vibrate pattern I set it'll always vibrate continuously for any alert.

I just had the volume-mute-power flex cable replaced, seems I have to get the phone dismantled again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.