Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I just bought an iPod nano 7th gen and it's a convenient little device and does what it's supposed to do great (perhaps longer battery life would be nice), however it has many iOS 6 design elements, most notably in menus and in the music app. What are the chances of it getting a software update to bring the visual aesthetics closer to iOS 7 as far as menus, the music app, etc? I'm guessing slim to none because Apple is probably dedicating all of its resources to iOS 7 fixes and future OS's and products. Has any other iPod nano received aesthetic changes in a software update in the past?

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Why would anyone want some more iOS 7-style eyesore?

It's more of a question about product consistency, not personal taste. I think it looks fine the way it is, but I am curious as to why Apple wouldn't want consistency across its product lines.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
I just bought an iPod nano 7th gen and it's a convenient little device and does what it's supposed to do great (perhaps longer battery life would be nice), however it has many iOS 6 design elements, most notably in menus and in the music app. What are the chances of it getting a software update to bring the visual aesthetics closer to iOS 7 as far as menus, the music app, etc? I'm guessing slim to none because Apple is probably dedicating all of its resources to iOS 7 fixes and future OS's and products. Has any other iPod nano received aesthetic changes in a software update in the past?

I think that if apple released an update to make it look like ios7, they would keep the home screens with the round circle apps but maybe change the music app's menu and stuff but I think the likelyness has gone down since ios7 has been out for 4+ months now-they probably would have released it around the same time as the new iPhones/iPads.

Like you asked before, the iPod nano 6th had a design change. It had a lot of changes in the apps that were on it but it had the same functions and still looked like ios6

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The previous Nano had its UI update to make it easier to use, but I don't think we'll see anything else for the current Nano now. It just got a few bug fixes the other month which pretty much indicates it's EOL.

If we do, it'll be in September.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.