Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
My iPhone 5 doesn't seem to hold a connection lately after I jailbroke my phone. Is there a 3rd party accessory tweak I can install to help this? I'm using lighting adapters and if I slightly move the phone it will fall in and out of connection.

Anybody else having this problem?

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Sounds hardware related.

I would probably restore your phone and re jailbreak if you're convinced its software related.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Only started happening after a jailbroke my phone this time. Still think it's hardware related?

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Well if you're having to wiggle your cable in your phone for it to charge i don't see how a tweak, or a jailbreak can affect this. Again i would restore, check the connection, re jailbreak, check the connection.

But yes i still think its hardware.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
check to see if the port has any lint/dust/etc plugging up the charging pins first.

easiest way to find out is to restore and start new. check if the problem is still the same; if it is, then it's a hardware problem

if not, try rejailbreaking and see if the problem pops up. sounds unlikely to be a software problem though

you are still within that window where you can restore and still be able to jailbreak

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.