Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 28, 2005, 04:14 PM   #1
hob
macrumors 68020
 
hob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London, UK
What's wrong with The Internet tonight?

Hey, I didn't really know who else to turn to! I hope this isn't a big problem but, I'm having trouble getting results from en.wikipedia.org, wikipedia.com etc. along with a few isolated websites - they just won't load. Google's cache for wikipedia articles, such as this one on Midseason Replacement's...

http://static.flickr.com/39/78642036_7bd75f8273_o.png

Anyone else having trouble?
__________________
see robmac.net for my work
hob is offline   0
Old Dec 28, 2005, 04:33 PM   #2
runninmac
macrumors 65816
 
runninmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rockford MI
Everything is working for me... try reseting your router maybe? (if you have one)
__________________
2.0 Ghz CoreDuo. 2 GB Ram. 80 Gig HDD.
Black MacBook
runninmac is offline   0
Old Dec 28, 2005, 04:44 PM   #3
Jesus
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: On a Higher Spiritual Plane known only to Gods and those who consume large quantities of hallucinogens
Afaik, it looks like you just lost wireless conection...
__________________
Jesus is offline   0
Old Dec 28, 2005, 04:50 PM   #4
hob
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
hob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Afaik, it looks like you just lost wireless conection...
Ahh... My mum's house is ridiculous. I have to use TWO Airport Express' because of something in the laminate flooring that blocks signals....

Sorry for this useless thread
__________________
see robmac.net for my work
hob is offline   0
Old Dec 29, 2005, 06:42 PM   #5
alexstein
macrumors 6502a
 
alexstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
It looks like "The Internet is broken tonight"


...I couldn't resist....
__________________
MacBook Pro Retina
alexstein is offline   0
Old Dec 29, 2005, 07:22 PM   #6
iSaint
macrumors 603
 
iSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
Send a message via AIM to iSaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstein
It looks like "The Internet is broken tonight"


...I couldn't resist....
yeah I wuz tring 2 geton my chat and my fave site & it werez slo i gess all teh ppl w new comps after xmas are tying it up

i suck a leet
__________________
Not Applicable
iSaint is offline   0
Old Dec 29, 2005, 08:50 PM   #7
alexstein
macrumors 6502a
 
alexstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaint
yeah I wuz tring 2 geton my chat and my fave site & it werez slo i gess all teh ppl w new comps after xmas are tying it up

i suck a leet

yeah you got it!!
__________________
MacBook Pro Retina
alexstein is offline   0
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:12 PM   #8
belvdr
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Aw, great! Who rebooted the Internet again?!?
belvdr is offline   0
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:32 PM   #9
asdf123
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaint
yeah I wuz tring 2 geton my chat and my fave site & it werez slo i gess all teh ppl w new comps after xmas are tying it up

i suck a leet
who talks/types like this? No seriously, is it a joke of some sort? Are you actually trying to utter gibberish? This is harder than reading Welsh's Scottish in Trainspotting. Get a dictionary, mate.
asdf123 is offline   0
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:23 PM   #10
iSaint
macrumors 603
 
iSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
Send a message via AIM to iSaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf123
who talks/types like this? No seriously, is it a joke of some sort? Are you actually trying to utter gibberish? This is harder than reading Welsh's Scottish in Trainspotting. Get a dictionary, mate.
It's my attempt at what I understand to be l337. alexstein says I got it, but it's a weak joke on my part since I have little or no understanding of what it really is or how pre-teens use it to communicate across the web.

In other words: it's a joke!
__________________
Not Applicable
iSaint is offline   0
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:36 PM   #11
Littleodie914
macrumors 68000
 
Littleodie914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob
Hey, I didn't really know who else to turn to! I hope this isn't a big problem but, I'm having trouble getting results from en.wikipedia.org, wikipedia.com etc. along with a few isolated websites - they just won't load. Google's cache for wikipedia articles, such as this one on Midseason Replacement's...

http://static.flickr.com/39/78642036_7bd75f8273_o.png

Anyone else having trouble?
Ah sorry... We tripped a breaker and I had to run out to the shed and turn the servers back on... Forgot to upgrade the firmware and be able to "automatically restart after a power failure..."


Littleodie914 is offline   0
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:49 PM   #12
hob
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
hob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaint
It's my attempt at what I understand to be l337. alexstein says I got it, but it's a weak joke on my part since I have little or no understanding of what it really is or how pre-teens use it to communicate across the web.

In other words: it's a joke!
Bah! I am part of the iGeneration and NOONE speaks in leet... at least not as hardcore as that. People of the older generations do often take the micky, but the most I, and anyone i know, ever do is drop g's from words like "trying" ("tryin" "goin" etc.), "cos" instead of because, "nite" instead of goodnight... but these are not taxing to the average observer....
__________________
see robmac.net for my work
hob is offline   0
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:26 PM   #13
pknz
macrumors 68020
 
pknz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NZ
Maybe the internet is running Windows
pknz is offline   0


 
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brand-new Macbook Can't Connect to the Internet. What's Wrong? Pseptember MacBook Pro 12 Jan 27, 2014 02:37 AM
Something weird happened tonight with my internet connection. Alfonsomac Mac OS X 10.7 Lion 4 Jun 10, 2013 09:38 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC