Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parestailor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
London, UK
Hi all

Could anyone please post a couple of screenshots of non-retina supported Adobe apps running on Retina models?

Im particular interested in Adobe Fireworks CS6.

I've cancelled my MBPr order till i work out how Adobe runs on Retina?

Thanks all!

Blue Sun

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
Australia
I believe the Adobe CS6 suite has been updated for the retina display. I haven't tested Fireworks personally, but both Photoshop and Illustrator have a retina enabled UI.

commac

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2013
If you work with vectors you shouldn't have a problem. If you work with rasters you will have to get used to the hidpi effect or work in lowdpi mode or an external monitor.

najowhit

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2014
Michigan
Seeing as I've owned Adobe CS6 Design and Web for the past year and a half, I can let you know first hand each program and it's support:

Photoshop CS6: Full support of Retina Display (HiDPI)

Illustrator CS6: Full support of Retina Display (HiDPI)

InDesign CS6: Not supportive of Retina Display (HiDPI). Program is usable, but icons, text and windows appear slightly pixelated.

Dreamweaver CS6: Not supportive of Retina Display (HiDPI). Program is usable, but icons, text and windows appear slightly pixelated.

Flash CS6: Not supportive of Retina Display (HiDPI). Program is usable, but icons, text and windows appear slightly pixelated.

Adobe Bridge CS6: Not supportive of Retina Display (HiDPI). Program is usable, but icons, text and windows appear more pixelated than other programs in the Adobe Creative Suite.

Adobe Fireworks CS6: Not supportive of Retina Display (HiDPI). Program is usable, but icons, text and windows appear slightly more pixelated than other Adobe Creative Suite.

So, basically, Photoshop and Illustrator have full support. InDesign is pixelated but still largely usable (maybe I'm biased because I use it everyday), but the others appear pixelated to the point of annoyance. None of the programs are completely unusable, but it is slightly annoying that a $600 MSRP design-oriented program suite doesn't support the high-end hardware by one of the big names in PCs. :mad:

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
For software that are listed as "Usable, but icons, text and windows appear pixelated", you can always turn HiDPI off on your Mac completely and just be at native resolution (2880x1800), which solves any blurriness caused by Retina scaling.

Of course, all toolbars and text will be super-small, but if you mainly use hotkeys it's not that big of a deal, plus your main canvas will be bigger. It's not ideal but it's usable, that's what I did back when Photoshop and Illustrator weren't optimized for Retina. I thought it was better than having everything, including the content you're working on, be blurry.

se-nsei

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2013
This is how Adobe Fireworks CS6 looks on the 15" rMBP :)

2e6bk9e.png

Icons are all a little fuzzy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.