Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueillusion

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I'm guessing many of you know about macheist, where they sell apps bundled together for a low price. Normally most bundles have apps that never really interest me, but this time, they have PaintCode included in their bundle.

If you don't know, PaintCode is a vector drawing tool that outputs directly to objective-c code/c# code for use in iOS and Mac applications.
The app is usually anywhere between $100 and $150, but the bundle on macheist only costs $20. The only catch is that there needs to be 10,000 sales before PaintCode gets "unlocked". So far, there are 7,720 sales with 2 days remaining, so I don't think getting that number will be too difficult.

I've used paintcode for some time now, and it really is pretty awesome.
It's not ideal for all situations, but for components that you use at various sizes, it does a nice job.

I'm not affiliated with macheist at all, but I just wanted to pass this along to you guys, as paintcode is actually a tool that i find very useful. You can see the bundle at: http://macheist.com

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I've seen it, but as the bundle only has $10 worth of interesting apps (the game, Limbo) if PaintCode isn't included, I'm waiting for it to have 10K sales.

blueillusion

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I absolutely agree. I already own both apps. I just thought i'd pass it along here just incase someone else might want PaintCode (assuming it gets the 10k sales).

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I absolutely agree. I already own both apps. I just thought i'd pass it along here just incase someone else might want PaintCode (assuming it gets the 10k sales).

They're at 8224 right now, with 1 day left. I'm thinking they won't make it, unless they decide to extend how long the promotion runs (I feel like they normally do that when they fall short of all of their unlock goals.)

blueillusion

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
They might not reach their 10k goal (9,039 sales), but they just unlocked paintcode. Might be worth it for you guys to buy if you need that app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.