Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noctornus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
Hello everyone,
I want to Jailbrake (with Redsnow) and Unlock (with Ultrasnow) Iphone 3GS iOS 6.1.3 with serial number 8720519xxxx, Firmware 05.16.08 .
Clear warning on Redsnow beside "Install Ipad Baseband" say that I shouldn't do it because I could make damage to the phone (because production date is after 34th week of 2011).
I guess that point is to make firmware unlockable by upgrade it to supported by Ultrasnow. Other action I can do it to check "Downgrade from Ipad baseband" in Redsnow menu. Should I do it or can anyone please advice me what should I do.
Thanks a lot in advance!

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
In short stay away from it, one way trip to hell and only the early ver of the 3GS can be downgraded from the notorious iPad baseband, b/c of the bootrom.

Last edited:

noctornus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
In short stay away from it, one way trip to hell and only the early ver of the 3GS can be downgraded from the notorious iPad baseband, b/c of the bootrom.

So you say that there is no way to unlock this phone using jailbrake and such tools for free? Hmmmm :eek:

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
It's the only way, but like I said before its a one way trip to hell with a lot of headaches.

Battery life burns ultra fast and you will also kill your A-GPS chip during the process.

Restoring it took me hours to figure out, there was no guides during that time.

Been through this headache with two spare 3G and 3GS iPhones. It's really not worth it, just pay for an unlock from a vender or just leave it as is locked up.

noctornus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
It's the only way, but like I said before its a one way trip to hell with a lot of headaches.

Battery life burns ultra fast and you will also kill your A-GPS chip during the process.

Restoring it took me hours to figure out, there was no guides during that time.

Been through this headache with two spare 3G and 3GS iPhones. It's really not worth it, just pay for an unlock from a vender or just leave it as is locked up.

What about straight BB downgrade from 05.16.08 to 05.13.04, can it be done with Redsnow? Without going to 6.15.00?

noctornus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
Your phone is too new to downgrade the baseband.
There is no other method other than the iPad baseband which would render your phone useless.

Thanks a lot guys! Probably I will try to find some factory unlock. Or maybe those R-SIM cards, if it can work with 3GS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.