Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omarbil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
So obviously my 5S still has the 1 year contract. I dropped it and the screen cracked. Is there a way to make them repair it for free or replace it?

I once heard, but am not sure if true or not, that you could mess up the phone from inside and have it serviced as a defect and it work. Any ideas?

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2011
It does have a one year warranty, but not if you damage it.. That is what AppleCare + or square trade is for. Accidents happen, that is what I buy ins. for. I don't understand why people think if they damage their phone, Apple should fix it for free.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
As soon as they see the physical damage and the broken screen they will not replace it for free no matter what you do.
Pay up like everyone else for the damage that you caused. Its not Apples fault or responsibility to fix what you broke.

Sceptre

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2013
So obviously my Nissan still has the 4 year contract. I ran into a fire hydrant and the whole plastic front end cracked. Is there a way to make them repair it for free or replace it?

I once heard, but am not sure if true or not, that you could mess up the car from inside and have it serviced as a defect and it work. Any ideas?

Does it make sense now? ...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
Nobody here is going to give you tips on how to commit what is basically the same as insurance fraud, sorry.

Applebag

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2014
I've had phones replaced because of factory defect even with broken screens. It all depends on who you talk to. Some Apple employees are like Steve Jobs Jr. and would never cut you a break. Some of them just want to help and understand it's quick and easy for them just to swap it out with a refurb. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.