Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
I've just set my iphone 5s network selection to manual to see which networks show up at home and spotted a strange network that ive never seen before here.

It's labelled as 312-001 which looks like an MCC and MNC carrier code.
Except 312 is a USA MCC code?

Any ideas what it could be or if I should report it? ( illegal cell repeater?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Probably a test tower or something, a repeater wouldn't cause it, it just takes the signal, boosts it, and retransmits it and wouldn't modify it.

Off topic, but GPRS? Jesus christ, and people complain about cellular networks in the US and lack of LTE coverage in some parts. I can't even remember the last time I saw GPRS in the states, or EDGE for that matter.

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
Probably a test tower or something, a repeater wouldn't cause it, it just takes the signal, boosts it, and retransmits it and wouldn't modify it.

Off topic, but GPRS? Jesus christ, and people complain about cellular networks in the US and lack of LTE coverage in some parts. I can't even remember the last time I saw GPRS in the states, or EDGE for that matter.

Yeah, where I live unfortunately for good signal at home, the networks only seem to have 2g/ GPRS but they are good everywhere else I go.

Ironically, the networks that do have 3G at my home are rubbish everywhere else I go!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.