Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
As most of you probably already know, the note 3 doesn't allow you to text or email videos taken with the standard resolution setting with the camera app. Other than using Dropbox or YouTube, does anyone have any other suggestions for this issue? I actually send quite a few videos, and I need the recipient to be able to download them. And I would like to use the full resolution setting.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Emails usually have a 5~10 MB file limit (Google is on the upper end). Using text, the limit is probably smaller.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Host and provide link to download. No need to ever email or text them. I use Skydrive, Box, Google Drive, etc.

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I'm not sure you will find anything better than YouTube. Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Copy, etc. all go towards your storage space. With YouTube, you get an unlimited (right?) number of videos to upload, you can upload in original resolution, and you can set the video to unlisted so that only people with the link can watch it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
As most of you probably already know, the note 3 doesn't allow you to text or email videos taken with the standard resolution setting with the camera app. Other than using Dropbox or YouTube, does anyone have any other suggestions for this issue? I actually send quite a few videos, and I need the recipient to be able to download them. And I would like to use the full resolution setting.

All my pics and videos I send are through whats app...far easier.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Do any of these allow the recipient to download to an iphone?

I'm pretty sure...once you play the movie I think you can press/hold and save it to photos. Vimeo is another site I use for full size HD Vids.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I'm pretty sure...once you play the movie I think you can press/hold and save it to photos. Vimeo is another site I use for full size HD Vids.

Saving photos is easy. iOS makes it difficult to save videos someone has sent you unless it's through iMessage.

You can stream the video but can't save it unless jail broken.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Dropbox and Google drive are probably the best options in my opinion. instant upload and the other user can download and view. If the other person owns a Samsung smartphone that has S Beam, thats another option, but Dropbox and Google drive are your best options.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Dropbox and Google drive are probably the best options in my opinion. instant upload and the other user can download and view. If the other person owns a Samsung smartphone that has S Beam, thats another option, but Dropbox and Google drive are your best options.

How big a file does s beam allow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.