Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Going out of my mind here... I'm using an app (FileMaker Server) on a Mac mini at work, the Mini has a promise pegasus 2 thunderbolt enclosure on it but the app won't let me save my database to it because it's 'removable' media (I think).

Would anyone know how to get the array to show as an internal array?

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Just a thought, would installing OS X onto the array and booting from it lock it in as a fixed drive? I wouldn't mind doing that.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Have you contacted FIleMaker about how to save to the external drive? Or checked their support site?

Also, is it possible to move the database to the external drive once you've saved it?

ElectricSheep

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Wilmington, DE
You can try mounting the drive to a custom mount-point on the root filesystem. There are some instructions outlined here which may still work. The drive will simply appear as a regular folder in the filesystem, not as removable media.

If you do this, you will have to explicitly unmount the drive from the Terminal before disconnecting it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.