Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cocoatronik

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
I originally posted this topic in the iPhone forum, because I thought it was an iPhone issue. However, as described in a follow-up post, I believe I have ruled out the device, and now think it is an iTunes or iPhoto issue.

I don't want to duplicate discussions, but I would like an iTunes/iPhoto expert to see it, so hopefully posting this link here is okay. :cool:

allthingsapple

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
I originally posted this topic in the iPhone forum, because I thought it was an iPhone issue. However, as described in a follow-up post, I believe I have ruled out the device, and now think it is an iTunes or iPhoto issue.

I don't want to duplicate discussions, but I would like an iTunes/iPhoto expert to see it, so hopefully posting this link here is okay. :cool:

Try opening iPhoto. Go into preferences by clicking on iPhoto in the top left of the screen next to the apple menu symbol and click preferences. When in Preferences click on iCloud tab and ensure My photo stream is switched on. Below the my photo stream option you will see 2 other options. Make sure Automatic import is also enabled/ ticked and that should fix any syncing issues.

cocoatronik

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
Try opening iPhoto. Go into preferences by clicking on iPhoto in the top left of the screen next to the apple menu symbol and click preferences. When in Preferences click on iCloud tab and ensure My photo stream is switched on. Below the my photo stream option you will see 2 other options. Make sure Automatic import is also enabled/ ticked and that should fix any syncing issues.
Thanks for the suggestion! Perhaps I should clarify that I have never used iCloud to sync photos in the past. I am only trying to sync with the device physically connected. But I tried these iCloud settings, and nothing seemed to change. :(

allthingsapple

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion! Perhaps I should clarify that I have never used iCloud to sync photos in the past. I am only trying to sync with the device physically connected. But I tried these iCloud settings, and nothing seemed to change. :(

Try going into settings on your iPhone, select photos and make sure the slider for photo stream is on. Go into the iCloud settings and make sure the slider there for photo stream is also enabled. After doing so Reboot the iPhone and restart the mac.

cocoatronik

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
Try going into settings on your iPhone, select photos and make sure the slider for photo stream is on. Go into the iCloud settings and make sure the slider there for photo stream is also enabled. After doing so Reboot the iPhone and restart the mac.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am able to sync photos to my iPhone using iCloud photo sharing. However, I really just want to sync from iPhoto albums to a physically connected device using iTunes, as I have in the past. This is the feature that is broken and I am trying to restore.

(I've used iCloud with Pages, and found it could not keep files updated across multiple devices, so my preference is to avoid iCloud entirely if possible.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.