Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Hi,

Everytime i open the finder window, i get the spinning beach ball and my mbp freezes for about 10 seconds.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? It never used to happen, but its getting very annoying.

i have a macbook pro, osx 10.8.5, 2.4ghz intel core i5, 4gb ram

Thanks

MacEdwin

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2014
Hi,

Although I didn't start this thread, I have the same issue. it is not 10 secs, (not since I cleared the kext cache) but it is slow, and not responsive. the console reports that: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "finder" for over 1.00 seconds, server has re-enabled them.

I did quite some things,
1. checked the permissions
2. started up in recovery and checked the disk
3. cleaned the kext cache
(from thread: 1662449)
Clear the kext caches:

sudo chown root:admin (enter password)

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

all not successful. I logged in with a different account, and the issue disappeared. I had extremely fast finder window, updating instantly. (looked at the library of the system)

What could be the issue?

I appreciate your input. it is annoying that finder is so slow. I did a clean install a couple of weeks ago, and had no issue since. I have little to none extra applications of third parties installed. (except for MS office word, ppt, etc. I know, i know... interoperability with others is the reason)

thanks for your help...
Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.