Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TijmenDal

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Hi,

Weird question and I'm pretty sure it's more related to Mavericks than it is to the fact I'm using an MBP. Anyway, I bought a new (to me - it is secondhand) MBP because my old one is about to **** the bed. I did a fresh Mavericks install on the new MBP. I made a time-machine backup of everything like you normally would on an external WD Elements HD. Upon plugging the external hard-drive into the new laptop and selecting the harddrive as the backup disk and going into Time Machine, I get an error saying
"Can't connect to a current Time Machine backup disk".
It quickly goes into Time Machine (purple abracadabra and all) and then it immediately shuts down and gives the error message.

I've tried Googling and a few other people have gotten the same error, most of them accounting the problem to Mavericks. Nobody seems to have found a solution though.

And to clarify: this problem only turns up on the new MBP. I can enter Time Machine just fine on my old machine... Both run Mavericks.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards, Tijmen

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.