Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sukka90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
So I'm about to order my new custom built iMac from the Apple Online Store.

I noticed that when I add Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad and Apple Battery Charger, they'll be put with the iMac in the shopping basket, but the USB SuperDrive is on it's separate line.

From my previous experience here in Finland I know that adding extra items to a custom built Mac order delays the shipping as then it doesn't come directly from the factory in China but rather goes thru Germany, where they first merge the products in the order.

So my question is that do the Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad and the Battery Charger really come with the iMac inside the iMac's box? Judging from the unboxing videos on YouTube there doesn't seem to be much room for any extra items.

AppleBTO.png

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
So I'm about to order my new custom built iMac from the Apple Online Store.

I noticed that when I add Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad and Apple Battery Charger, they'll be put with the iMac in the shopping basket, but the USB SuperDrive is on it's separate line.

From my previous experience here in Finland I know that adding extra items to a custom built Mac order delays the shipping as then it doesn't come directly from the factory in China but rather goes thru Germany, where they first merge the products in the order.

So my question is that do the Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad and the Battery Charger really come with the iMac inside the iMac's box? Judging from the unboxing videos on YouTube there doesn't seem to be much room for any extra items.

Is a few days extra in shipping really an issue?

Sukka90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Well not really but since I can avoid that simply by placing a different order (with free shipping) why not if that will save me days of waiting.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Well not really but since I can avoid that simply by placing a different order (with free shipping) why not if that will save me days of waiting.

You lived all you life without that iMac.

Maybe being able to wait is a generational thing.

I am an old geezer and can pretty much wait until I get what I want.
(That includes shipping/arrival of packages)

Right now I am waiting for APPLE to make a 128 GB iPhone.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Your iMac will come with a wireless keyboard and mouse in the iMac box. Everything else will be separate.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
You're right in that space is tight, however there is definitely room for both in the box. However, I am not sure if Apple wiill package them together. Remember, if you cancel and place your order again, it could cause even more of a delay in you getting your iMac at this point.

FrankHahn

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2011
The keyboard, trackpad, and mouse will be together in a small white box that will be enclosed inside the big iMac box. That was how I got my iMac with a keyboard, a trackpad, and a mouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.