Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Cos I had a FaceTime with my client in Lagos earlier and after a few big puffs of his fat Cuban down the bottom it looked like a twister in slow motion coming out the top of his can :D

I know it's bad for it's health with the tar, nicotine and all that but a one off airflow experiment can't do much harm. Didn't repeat the experiment under load so can anyone help?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Cos I had a FaceTime with my client in Lagos earlier and after a few big puffs of his fat Cuban down the bottom it looked like a twister in slow motion coming out the top of his can :D

I know it's bad for it's health with the tar, nicotine and all that but a one off airflow experiment can't do much harm. Didn't repeat the experiment under load so can anyone help?

Sorry, I'm sure it's my fault, but I'm not clear on your question. Can anyone help with what?:)

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
I once bought a laptop from a cigar smoker....thing smelled horrible....read about a trick of putting object into plastic bag with cup of vinegar,sealing and leaving for a day or so......it worked! Next day smell was gone!

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Sorry, I'm sure it's my fault, but I'm not clear on your question. Can anyone help with what?:)

Apologies - I don't mean to endanger anyone's health or their computer from noxious gases. I know their can is their new 'precious' but we both burst into laughter and went back to business after. I can't think of a better substitute for a thick enough smoke to repeat the experiment than a cigar to study the airflow patterns from a nMP. I'm tempted to ask his secretary to cut a circle out of cardboard roughly the size of the aperture sellotaped to biro to see if it makes smoke rings for next time :D

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Apologies - I don't mean to endanger anyone's health or their computer from noxious gases. I know their can is their new 'precious' but we both burst into laughter and went back to business after. I can't think of a better substitute for a thick enough smoke to repeat the experiment than a cigar to study the airflow patterns from a nMP. I'm tempted to ask his secretary to cut a circle out of cardboard roughly the size of the aperture sellotaped to biro to see if it makes smoke rings for next time :D

As a cigar smoker, but not a nMP owner, I know that cigars (and all tobacco products) will leave tar behind with frequent exposure. I have one good sized cigar each day, and my glasses require cleaning with a Zeiss pre-moistened cleaner, or soap and water, after a period of time. Anything exposed to frequent tobacco smoke will develop a film of tar requiring cleaning...which is why I never smoke in the house.

I once bought a laptop from a cigar smoker....thing smelled horrible....read about a trick of putting object into plastic bag with cup of vinegar,sealing and leaving for a day or so......it worked! Next day smell was gone!

Vinegar is an acid...I'm not sure it's that great for your laptop. It will certainly kill the offensive smell, but might not the acid corrode the electronics?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.