Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elevon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
hey guys,

well i had my i5 for about 14 months now and recently I've noticed that the right side of the power button won't work at all!
It's a real pain as I've just past the 1 year warranty and to see a premium product from apple giving up so early, is such a shame... :(

so has anyone else experienced the same problem?

thekb

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2010
It's a definite problem.

Luckily mine started failing after about 10 months so I got it replaced, but if I were you I would still go the store and complain. They will deny it, but this is a known issue and if you ask very nicely, you might be able to get them to help you with it.

chadamorrill

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I wish you better luck than I had. My power button doesn't work at all; the device is about 90 days out of warranty, and they wouldn't replace it for me. First time in almost 15 years of using Apple products where I didn't have luck on my side.

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
hey guys,

well i had my i5 for about 14 months now and recently I've noticed that the right side of the power button won't work at all!
It's a real pain as I've just past the 1 year warranty and to see a premium product from apple giving up so early, is such a shame... :(

so has anyone else experienced the same problem?

I had the same issue on my 5. It actually happened 6 months after I purchased it. I don't remember if it was the left or right side of the power button which wouldn't work. I would hear the click but nothing would happen. I had it replaced at Apple of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.