Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Warasky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2014
Due to virus issue I’ve re-installed my computer’s system and as a result I lost everything on iTunes, including 400+ songs (most of them were purchased from iTunes). I still have those music on my iphone, but can I transfer the music back to computer from my iphone?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Due to virus issue I’ve re-installed my computer’s system and as a result I lost everything on iTunes, including 400+ songs (most of them were purchased from iTunes). I still have those music on my iphone, but can I transfer the music back to computer from my iphone?

Yes. When iTunes is open, highlight the devices tab, go to your iPhone and click "transfer purchases."

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
If you want to transfer all the music including songs that were not purchased from iTunes use Phoneview. I bought it about 4 years ago for $20 and it has probably been the best money I've ever spent. It will allow you to basically transfer all music on your phone to iTunes... Good luck

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
After you get the songs back on your PC, make a good backup that can be as simple as copying your iTunes library to a different location. I'd also recommend a different disk than the operating system (or even a different partition if you only have one disk) so that your data is unaffected by system issues. Good luck!

I'm assuming this is a PC running windows. There are some very good free antivirus programs out there (Bitdefender is just one). Malwarebytes also protects against threats that antivirus programs do not.

Heck, while you're at it point your DNS to something like OpenDNS which filters known malware endpoints. A replacement MVPS HOSTS file will block known malware / ads / etc. that range from bothersome to dangerous.

And please don't anyone say, "Just be careful". The bad boys and girls have gone way beyond that. Yahoo in Europe was recently delivering malware via their ads. The Drudge Report in the US was serving malware a few years ago (also via ads IIRC).

Can you tell this kind of stuff ticks me off? :D

DioGuardi

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2013
Orlando, FL
You can always use iTunes to transfer the music to computer that is authorized for your Apple ID if those music were purchased from iTunes, because they should be linked to your iTunes account.
For other stuff that came form outside the iTunes Store, for example those songs you rip from CD's etc locally, you still have to use extra help.You can use iTunes Match, by which your entire iTunes library is uploaded to the cloud and so is available to every device using the same AppleID.

Jeremy33

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2014
Transferring Songs From iPhone to computer

I am wondering why so many people ask "how to transfer songs between iTunes, iOS devices, PC. "

1.It is impossible to move songs from devices to PC with iTunes, so forget iTunes.

2.Downloading sites offer so many programs to assist to transfer songs like copytrans (trail version), Touchcopy (300 limitation), PhonTunes (Freeware) etc...

All of my friends around me handle the trouble with this way.

Jeremy33

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2014
I agree MacinAppleTosh's idea.

It is impossible to transfer songs from device back to PC, especially for non-purchased

songs.

Or you try google music, it likes google docoments. It could save music from PC,iPhone.

Then download these music from iPhone, PC.

Or need some tools to solve your problem like the freeware, which could transfer directly

songs from devices to PC.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Others/KiwiG-PhonTunes.shtml

robenvic

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2014
1.Connect iPhone to computer, go to my computer n double click iPhone drive, choose “tools” –> “Folder Options”–> “View” –> select “Show Hidden Files & Folders”and click “OK”
2.now right click “iPhone Control” folder–> select “Properties”–> un-select “Hidden” and click “OK” –> select “Apply Changes To This Folder, Subfolder And Files” and click “OK” .
3.Next, click “iPhone Control” folder and open “Music” , did u see folders labeled F00, F01, F02, F03…? Now Place iTunes side by side w/ this window and make sure that “Music Library” is displayed.
4.In iTunes select “Edit” –> Preferences–>Advanced, and put a check next to: “Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized” &”Copy Files To iTunes Music Folder When Adding To Library”, click “OK”.
5.Last step, just drag and drop all of the “F” folders into “Music Library” of itunes.

CassieGary

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2016
There are so many methods for you to transfer songs from iPhone to computer, and I guess you would prefer an useful and efficient way. So here I want to recommend you to send your music from iPhone to PC with a third party software. With which, you can move music, playlists, movies, iTunes U, podcast, TV Shows, music videos, ebook, and so on from your iDevices to PC.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.